Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Solved Instagram Widget v1.5 not loading

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Sarah, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I'm using the newest (afaik) version of the Instagram widget. I've put in the access token and ID (see below) but it's stuck on "loading gallery."

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Token: 2696147333.1677ed0.d04260dde302495fa113bb3b137a66
    Code: 2696147333

Website Page (in progress): please scroll to bottom: http://lhtdev.businesscatalyst.com/our-story.html

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sarah, I can open the default widget on a new page as designed. I'm thinking it's an issue with your token.
    I don't use Instagram a lot, so I may be wrong, but I'd check. One thing (and I don't know if this is an issue), is your token has 30 digits after the last period, while the default widget has 32.
    Try the default on a test page and see if it works for you. If it does, re check your token.
    Dj

3. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi DJ,
    Apologies for delay after your prompt response. The default one is not working either. I created a new blank page, added it, and previewed in browser. It is stuck on "loading gallery." Published it - same issue. You can see it here: http://lhtdev.businesscatalyst.com/insta.html
    Help!

4. DjHerold

Sarah, if you wouldn't mind, try using the widget on a new blank site/page. I know you placed it on a new page, but what I'm looking for is how the widget acts with absolutely nothing else on the site or page. Just the default widget. When you add a page to an existing site the issue could be caused by something else on the site.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi DJ,

Tried that...still the same problem. Am I on the right version? (1.5)? Perhaps I should delete the widget and re-install if nobody else is having trouble on this latest build of Muse...If you drag it onto the page all is good?

6. DjHerold

Sarah, not sure what could be the issue. I can download the widget (1.5), place on a new site, and the default setting display the page as designed.
    If you've done that, then I'll have to suggest you place a support ticket, and let them look at your site file.
    Dj

7. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Par for the course lately DJ.

I'll put a ticket in. Thanks!

8. DjHerold

Sarah, I have sent you a PM about your file.
    Dj

9. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi DJ,
    I just sent it. Sorry for taking so long. I can't tell you how many Muse bugs I'm dealing with at the moment and have 4 websites in dev!

Thank you!

10. DjHerold

Sarah, no worries.
    If possible post your results here for others to see.
    Thanks
    Dj

11. DjHerold

All (especially Sarah), I was incorrect in one aspect of what I have shared with Sarah.
    The default widget, due to Instagram agreements, no longer can contain a valid MuseThemes ID and token.
    I have our testing version with the default MuseThemes id in it.
    The widget does work, and I have informed Sarah, I believe the token is her specific issue.
    But I do apologize for not being aware of the Instagram change in policy.
    Dj

12. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

So what is the answer? I have the same problem. How do I get the correct token if not from the link in the widget?

13. DjHerold

Jon, when I was referring to the token in my response to Sarah, I was speaking to the Muse Themes default token we used to place inside the widget, so those without their own token could try it out.
    Instagram has changed their policy in a way that no longer allows us to let others use our token, even for demo purposes.
    As for your own token, that remains the same as before in the way you will obtain it.
    I was pointing out to Sarah, that the number of digits she had, compared to the token I have, was different. This is what I believe was causing her issue.
    If you are having issues finding your token, you can use the information in the widget, or go directly through Instagram.
    Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.
    Dj

14. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

15. kduxyz

kduxyz New Member

Sarah likes this.
  16. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hey - that's great - thank you kduxyz!

I actually haven't revisited the issue because the client has gone a little awol! But with the above link, I can try it myself.

Thanks!