Images disappear

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by egrrrr, Feb 3, 2017.

1. egrrrr

egrrrr Member

Hello,

I just lost an entire day of work trying to figure this out.
    I set up a pushy pane coming from the top to display my menu. I put text + images but the images don't appear in the pane when I switch to preview (and in-browser preview). I finally pinpointed that the images disappear once I set more than one breaking point. 1 breakpoint, it looks great. 2 breakpoint, text stays, images gone. WHY????

I swear I could cry right now.

Sorry for the vent.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

egrrrr, could you give me a bit more information on how you've set up the widget?
    I just did a quick test page and can't seem to replicate.
    Here's what I did. Very simply set up a new site with 1200, 960 and 768 break points. On the 1200, I placed the widget off canvas to the left, leaving just the open button on the actual page. I set the Parent to open from top, at 200 px.
    I then place an image inside an image frame on the canvas. Once placed I moved it into the Parent page and set it near the top of the parent. Always need to be careful to get your items set up before moving them into a State button (which is what the Parent is).
    After set up , I previewed in Browser. Everything worked fine, so could you post a few screen shots and some info on how you're doing your set up.
    Thanks
    Dj

4. egrrrr

egrrrr Member

Thank you Jeremei. Now that I browse the forum and reviews a little bit more, I realize that you are right. I wish I had done it before!

Thank you for your recommendation, I will look into it.

5. egrrrr

egrrrr Member

Hello DJ Herold,

Thank you for your answer.

I put the images in the Child panel. Maybe this is what is wrong with it. I took screenshots so I may be more clear ( I am based in NYC but I am french so my english is not perfect).
    You can see in the screenshot on design mode with 1 breakpoint that I put the text and image in the child panel. The state panel shows that all the images are supposed to be displayed no matter which state. Preview mode: perfect.
    When I add a breakpoint, same thing in design mode. States panel show that the image should be displayed. When I switch to preview: they are gone. The layout is still perfect, it is not even like the whole widget had bugged. This is almost the most frustrating part. Why does it still look so good but just missing some part. It is like a tease.

I tweaked a composition widget in Muse to do the job for now. I lost the "ease out" effect at opening and the overlay but it works.

I am bummed. Really loved this widget... I am a new subscriber and am very happy with the password (brilliant btw)/instagram feed/ and background video widget though!

Let me know your thoughts. I will happily escalate the issue to the support if you guys want to keep this in your record but I need to move on. I am on a tight deadline.

Thanks again for your answer

Attached Files:

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

egrrrr, I would suggest trying placing the image by itself and not in the child panel.
    Also, I recommend always using 'Preview in Browser' Not Preview.
    Muse's preview doesn't always render the page as it's designed.
    Dj

7. Gareth

Gareth New Member

I'm having the same issue - images placed either in the parent or child pane completely disappear upon preview (or indeed upload).

Any reason for this? I can see they are placed in the correct place, for example I can hi-light the item when in preview and see it is there, but is transparent/hidden.

8. Thomas Javery

Thomas Javery Member

I am having the same problem. I followed the exact same steps but still no image shows.

Has anyone figured out a fix?

9. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Thomas!
    Muse-Themes "Member Update" email on the 12th of May 2017.
    "Upcoming Projects & Priorities
    Pushy Panes 2.0 – a complete rebuild of one of our most popular widgets, Pushy Panes 2.0 will include improved compatibility and performance, along with plenty of training and demo files to explore."

I recommend to wait for Pushy Panes 2.0 update. :)