Image optimization for Pioneer

Discussion in 'Templates' started by JTB Design, Feb 19, 2016.

1. JTB Design

JTB Design New Member

Hello.

I am using the Pioneer template for the first time. I am liking the results so far, but for one thing. The images I have placed in the "Recent Work" section on the home page, which are crisp and in high enough resolution, are displaying blurry and pixelated when viewed on desktop. I have tried .png files and .jpg files in various sizes, all with nearly the same result. I've also noticed the placeholder images that come with the template also look blurry and slightly pixelated on my large desktop monitor, so maybe this is just a flaw?

Do you have any possible insight as to why this is happening? I thought originally it had to do with scaling, but I've tried various sizes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

JTB, is this happening on a new site, or just on the template site? I trying to see if it's happening always or only with this template.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. JTB Design

JTB Design New Member

Happens on both. I can see the image placeholders that come with the theme seem a little pixelated, but mostly on the new site I am trying to create. I've abandoned it for the time being. I am now trying out the Frost theme.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

JTB, I'm hearing (and reading) a bunch lately about the image optimization that Muse is using
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/984310?start=40&tstart=0

Although I'm not an expert on this, it's sounding more like this is a Muse issue that they know about.
    If I find out more I will let you know.
    Dj

5. mahfuzar

mahfuzar Guest

Have read your massage. Overall it's a nice share. Here have found lots tricks for image optimization.

6. Jackson Grey

Jackson Grey New Member