Solved Image and text not showing together on first blog page

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by spyder, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    i'm using Mumblr for the first time and it's basically working, but on the first page I can't get each blog to show both the image AND the text. I've never used Tumblr before either, but I have created 4 posts for testing using the 'text' post in Tumblr. With 3 of them I included one image in each post. If I placed an image first before the descriptive text, then the image shows but just a '...' appears before the 'Read More' If I place the text before the image, then the text appears but the image doesn't. In 'post settings' I limited the characters to 200 for both 'regular posts' and 'photo posts'. When I tested this with unlimited characters, both the image and all the text appears, but I want a limit to the text that appears on the main page with each blog article. A link to the testing page is here: http://lgrmg.ca/2016temp/blog2.html (Changes might be made by the time you read this). Any help would be appreciated, my client wants this done by tomorrow morning, nothing like tight deadlines! I'm still finishing up the site. (The blog url isn't linked to their main menu, by the way).

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @spyder If you are going to be using an image inside your post and would like to use a limited number of characters, it is recommended to create the post in Tumblr using an Image Post instead of a Text post with an added image.

When you add the image to the text post and set a character limit, Mumblr reads everything in that post as text, however when you create a photo post and set a character limit Mumblr differentiates between the image and the text.

We appreciate your feedback and support!
    Cheers,
    Norman

spyder likes this.
  3. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Good to know, thank you!