I'm in trouble with PIONEER and the image sizes

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Sonja D., Jun 13, 2016.

1. Sonja D.

Sonja D. New Member

First the design is great and I'm sorry my English is not perfect.
    Pioneer is my first contact to muse themes. At the moment I feel a bit lost.
    I follow the tutorial of the theme and use the elements-panel for changing the image files.
    But they mostly doesn't fit.
    Question to the slider - at the home-project-detail:
    there is the slider with the big images: "home-thumb1-big.jpg" element info by right -click 2000x1500px
    ok. I brought my fotos down too exactly this 2000x1500px but they doesn't fit

Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-13 um 16.00.21.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-13 um 16.02.23.png

hmm?

Question about the space holders in general:
    Or even at the home-project-detail: - at the right column there are images 305x320px
    and 610x640px ? Does that mean high resolution (HiDPI) and normal?
    My question is: the prepared space holders (grey spaces with the site data 610x640) is this already HiDPI or do I have to double?

I would be very happy about some help.
    Thank You for your interest,
    Sonja

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sonya, thanks for posting, this is a great question. This is one of our more advanced templates, so it takes some getting used to.
    First, let me describe what you are seeing and then I'll tell you the ways I use this template.
    The main image, as you stated it "doesn't fit", is really because of it's design layout rather than the image not "fitting".
    The image is actually partially covered by the column on the right (which is one long State Button with content inside it. This is something that needs to be accounted for if you are looking for specific portions of your image to show. If you will note, the image of the man holding the Art board in his hand shows his hand and the art board. In reality, the image contains most of his upper body also. It gets convered proportionally in the design by the column.
    Templates are great as a starting point, and to cut design time down quite a bit, but all to often the need for image and content preparation gets forgotten. As much as we sometimes think everything is plug and play, in Design, the devil is in the details, and preparation of images is paramount.
    As for using the slideshow, you can, as the video states, replace from the 'Assets" panel. I also like to add images through the slideshow fly out panel (the little folder icon at the top), along with deleting ones I don't want and rearranging others, by using the Layers panel.
    You question about the image holders (305x320, 640 ect.), being Hdpi, check in the assets panel for the image and if it has a 2x next to it, it is Hdpi.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Sonja D.

Sonja D. New Member

Oh thanks so much. You are right, I have to learn very much.
    Every Information helps me to find my way with muse. I like it and I'm not in a hurry.
    So I will check around the tutorial "State Button" again.

At the moment I don't understand the advantage by covering the main image.
    If I knew the exact size, how can I change the fill in condition?
    Many thanks for your patience,
    Sonja

4. DjHerold

Sonja, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking how to adjust the positioning of the image right?
    Most slideshow widgets, composition widget ect, allow you to have 'some' control of your positioning. Like 'fill frame proportionally' or 'fit frame proportionally'. Unfortunately, this isn't a ton of control. Unlike the 'Fill' panels in Muse, which have positioning, scale, fit tile, ect.
    That is why I suggest making your modifications (if your design is like this where the image isn't the whole content) in a photo editor before you upload them.
    Dj

5. Sonja D.

Sonja D. New Member

That is not really, what I mean.
    I wants to change the layout into two separate boxes. One for the big slider in exact the size of the photos .
    And a second one for the long state button on the right.

6. DjHerold

Sonja, in this design you could place a single image in the State button, or any content you wanted. BUT, in this design the slide show will still lay under the state button and be 'clipped' so to speak. If you want to have all the image in the big slider visible, you will need to alter your images to account for the lost portion on the right. Maybe add some blank space to the right side.
    Dj

7. Sonja D.

Sonja D. New Member

Dear DJ,
    thank you for you help and ideas. Now I understand the construction.
    I´m sorry, but I´m still working on the same problem.
    If I alter my images to account for the lost portion on the right it looks great at the desktop version but not at the lower breakpoints.

Please have a look:
    http://theda01.businesscatalyst.com

Here are some screens, they show, what I have done. muse-screen1.png muse-screen2.png muse-screen3.png muse-screen4.png muse-screen5.png

I need the possibility to manipulate the visible part of my images.
    By now sometimes the main information of my image get lost. "The hero" are hidden behind the "passepartous"-frame.

Is there a possibility to get this with PIONEER?

Best regards and thank Your for you help
    Sonja