IM GOING NUTS over a menu

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by AaronR, May 21, 2016.

1. AaronR

AaronR Member

Hey All

I am pulling my hair out right now trying to figure out how to make a simple Slide down menu for Desktop experiences. So imagine a regular slide down menu for a mobile device where the menu slides down from another full width bar above it except the links are horizontal rather than vertical. Ive attached my designs below.

Im wanting to create a trigger that will allow the menu to slide up and down just like a regular menu

Please help

menu closed.png

menu open.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

AaronR, what you want is an accordion widget. You can use the stock Muse accordion, or we have couple that are under the tablet navigation widgets. You can modify them.
    If you're not sure on how to set one up, watch our Acorrdion Hover widget video, just as a reference. I do have to warn you to be carful if you were to use that particular widget if you're using other widgets on the same page. It'll play nice with most but some will interfere with it.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. AaronR

AaronR Member

That was actually my first thought when I tried to build it but the problem I was facing is that I don't want the entire blue bar to be the trigger but rather just the menu icon. I can't seem to get the content to stay full width and make the trigger smaller

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Aaron!
    Have you tried to use responsive "Stacks (Home Co) - Navigation - Hamburger Menu Opaque" tool? Remember to use Stacks file with ready breakpoints. Look at the screenshots.

Width 1200 px
    Home_Co__Break_Points.png

Width 768 px
    Home_Co__Break_Points 2.png

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

AaronR, with an accordion widget, you can not change the size of the trigger in the sense of making it smaller than the target.
    You can however place the hamburger icon on the left for example, using a png file can keep the rest of the trigger transparent, and people will click on the icon.
    Another way would be to use the composition widget and make the trigger small and the target whatever size you like. You can adjust it to close on rollout and it will work the same.
    Dj