I can't edit the text fields in Tablet Nav - Swipe Menu Blanc (1.0)

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by jackalopecamp, Mar 25, 2017.

1. jackalopecamp

jackalopecamp New Member

No matter whether I preview or publish, text changes I make in the menu fields don't show up. For example, if I change the text "Name" on one of the trigger's, it still says name when I publish or preview, even though in design mode my changes show up.

What am I doing wrong?

2. jackalopecamp

jackalopecamp New Member

I should add that I'm having the same problem with changes I make in the target pop-up fields. None of the changes I make seem to be "sticking"

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

jack, always remember when you are working with a composition widget (which this is based on) you need to be mindful of multiple widgets inside a composition (which this has, it actually is 3 composition widgets in side each other.
    The best way to work on a widget like this is to use the layers panel. It makes it easier to open all the components and select the ones you want.
    The first thing to look at when things go awry, is are you modifying the correct state of the component.
    For example, if you just drop the widget on your page, and then select any of the triggers (that have an image of a person), you can see at the top right hand side of Muse it says state>active. If you modify this trigger, in this state, when you preview the changes you won't see them until you select the trigger and it becomes the active state.
    This is a quirk of Muse since day one. Not sure the purpose for defaulting to 'Active', but I'm sure they had one.
    Give that a try and if you still have an issue, give me a shout.
    Dj

4. mjohnston

mjohnston Member

I love this widget.
    I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the composition logic. As along as I don't stray for the original it works.
    Is the spike.pgn asset available. is it a problem if the asset shows up missing?

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

mjohnston, I'm not positive I'm understanding the question about the asset showing up missing?
    The 'Spike' Png image was not included in the files as a separate image, but you can grab it by selecting the trigger that it appears in and doing a copy/paste of the Background image. It will copy the 'Spike' if you are in the 'Active' mode. Then you can save it in your Adobe library for future use.
    If there is something that is stumping you, or you'd just like to learn, feel free to let me know.
    Thanks
    Dj