Solved HTML not previewing or publishing

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by WoodDoc1251, Dec 3, 2017.

1. WoodDoc1251

WoodDoc1251 Member

I am developing a site and can't get the embedded HTML code to preview in Browser Preview. I have a desktop version and tablet version. When I publish the desktop ver shows the pictures but not the tablet version.
    www.testb4pub.com
    www.testb4pub.com/tablet/index.html

Hours have been spent troubleshooting. I am new to muse.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Wood, welcome to the Forum.
    Could you give a bit more of how this site is set up?
    It sounds like you are setting up an adaptive site with a Desk top version and a separate Tablet version, rather than a responsive site with Break points, Correct?
    Is the site a fixed site or fluid.
    Any thing more could help. Possibly a couple of screen shots of your layout in Muse.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. WoodDoc1251

WoodDoc1251 Member

This is my first attempt at a MUSE site. I have created a desktop and tablet version. not my first choice as I now realize I have to edit contact twice. The site is fluid with no breakpoints. This page is the Tablet home page. The HTLM is a group pf photographs to display. Same as the desktop page just a different position.
    It may be better if I go with a responsive layout and just make the adjustment at each breakpoint.

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Wood, there are many ways to build a site, but in my personal opinion, doing a site like yours would be easier (and cleaner) to build a Responsive site using both fixed and fluid Break points.
    I would also suggest using one of our galleries (if you're a Muse themes Member) or one of the stock Muse galleries if you're not.
    This would give you an optimized gallery, plus the use of mixed break points will allow you to design a singular site with flexibility of Responsive design elements.
    Check out our blog posts for some great design ideas and use of fixed and fluid breakpoints.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

5. WoodDoc1251

WoodDoc1251 Member

I agree after reading through the forum. As for the Muse Theme galleries, I have tried a couple but didn't like the thumbnails all over the page. I am a member. Could you recommend a gallery that would mimic what I am trying to do. Our woodturning club members photos ar in the gallery I have used. A MuseTheme solution would be great.
    Thank you for your help. I will follow the BP model and see if I can simplify my life.

6. DjHerold

Wood, We have many galleries and sliders, and I recommend looking through their demos to see what suits you.
    For starters, I would have you look at our Nivo Slider, it's one of our older ones but quite popular.
    We also have the Maxwell slider, Squarebox slider and one of our most popular, the Cinch slide show widget.
    Be sure to look at our Connect Gallery for a range of sliders in one package (these are a bit advanced though).
    Good luck
    Dj