How to remove mobile version on BUILD template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Doug Silton, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Silton

Doug Silton New Member

Hi - I want to have only the desktop version on desktop and mobile - how to edit / delete the mobile version?

Much thanks! -doug-

2. Doug Silton

Doug Silton New Member

Hello? Any help? THANKS! -doug-

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Doug, since it's been pretty quite on this topic (as far as responses goes), I thought I'd chime in with my two cents worth.
    Removing everything but the Desk top version is fairly easy, but still will require some rearrangement work on the individual pages (aligning things onto the 960 BP if you keep it). That's as simple as going to each page and right clicking on the BP and selecting delete.
    The issue with doing that, and the reason we have all the different BP's on this template, is getting it to fit on Mobile if your remove those BP's. At the smaller BP's, nothing fits on the device(s) and you get allot of horizontal scrolling.
    May I ask why you want to go to only the one device size? Knowing that might give a better sense as to a solution or other suggestions.
    Dj

4. Doug Silton

Doug Silton New Member

Thanks for your input - my main problem is that there are text fields that appear on mobile that seem to be uneditable on the template. My goal is to get rid of those text blocks so that we can launch the website - or change the text blocks so that they don't present the Lorum Impsum text.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Doug, as far as any of the text blocks, they can be edited or removed just like any stock text frame. Just select the text frame and either grab the text tool or double click into the frame and you'll get the text tool. Deleting is as simple as selecting and deleting. You will probably need to do some design rearranging though.
    I'd like to reiterate that deleting the smaller Break Points, leaving only the Desktop, will severely limit the view ability of the site as a whole on smaller devices.
    Good luck
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.