how to make a Login registration

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by emiliano morbioli, Jun 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member

Hi
    I was wondering if it is possible to create a simple login registration with a personal password for each person who'd like to register into the website.
    The login should allow users to go inside a personal web page and access personal information.
    How can I do it?
    with a widget?
    I've tried by using the page password widget but it allows me to create just one password for everyone.
    thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

emiliano, this is the only widget of it's type that we have at this time.
    Dj

3. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member

so if I want to set a simple login like that there are no other tools I can use?
    I really need to add a login section to the web site I'm creating

4. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

Emiliano,

You'll want to read up on the fundamental restrictions you have with developing sites with a WYSIWYG editor. This is one of them. Passwords (login sections) require database access, which Muse does not use. Muse also does not use PHP. Here is a decent post touching on this - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1032816

You will not be able to create a login section with a site created with Muse, at this time. You'll want to look towards Dreamweaver for this ability. It sucks, but there are some things you just can't create in Muse. The technology is growing rapidly, and we'll see this option in the future. Be sure to fully understand what Muse is, compared against traditional web developing.

Hope this helps!

5. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member

ok thanks for your reply

6. Doodles

Doodles New Member

Is it possible to create the site in Dreamweaver and create the login page, then add the Muse site to the Dreamweaver site? Perhaps export the Muse site as HTML?

7. UserFC

UserFC New Member

8. chinwe

chinwe Member

any updates yet on being able to create a login page yet with user name and password since this was question was asked almost a year ago?

9. DjHerold

chinwe, at this time there are no new developments.
    I suggest letting the team know there is still interest (resources>contact us), and see if there's something they can tell you about future development.
    Thanks
    Djj

10. chinwe

chinwe Member

hey i would like to create a site for a doctor and i found a site that has some information that i would like to use. http://www.pediatricsdayandnight.co...Is-Your-Child-Sick/Abdominal-Pain-Female.aspx on the right hand corner they have a drop down list called is your child sick? each tab in the drop down is set to a link. i was wondering if its possible for me to first make a drop down like that if i can which widget is required. and second of all if its ok for me to copy they content they have on there also. most of the tab is linked to another page, but some of the content is written within the page . is it ok for me to use the content or is it illegal am new to this thanks. am sorry i am not sure why i cant figure out how to create a new post i do not see the option to post a thread http://forum.muse-themes.com/threads/using-the-forum.3/. thank you so much for responding to my previous message

11. chinwe

chinwe Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  12. DjHerold

chinwe, I need to ask that you start a new thread when changing topics. This is a pretty old thread as far as the original topic, so I am closing this thread. You can copy and paste your question from here to your new post.
    You can start a new thread asking your same questions, but please use an appropriate forum to do so.
    When you choose a room title, like for your questions I would suggest General Muse (like this post is in), you should see a large Orange button to Start a New Thread.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.