How to get text to not scroll with page?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Terra Nova, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Terra Nova

Terra Nova New Member

I am trying to get my navigation bar and my animated text "Los Oidos Fresh" to stay pinned down to where its placed and not move with the page as it is being scrolled. Below I provided two screenshots. The first screenshot is where the text and navigation bar needs to stay in place and the second, it shows the text and the navi bar moving as the page is scrolled down.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Terra, have you tried 'Pinning' the header and header items to the top?
    Take a look at me screen shot as an example.
    Let me know
    Dj

Capture.JPG

3. Terra Nova

Terra Nova New Member

Hey Dj, thanks for relpying.
    I did pin the navi bar and text, but for some reason when I pin it and when I go to preview the page the the navigation bar and text disappears.

4. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

Hi Terra Nova
    That sounds like you need to object>bring to front on the navigation bar and then the text.

5. Terra Nova

Terra Nova New Member

Hey Mick
    I also tried bringing the navigation bar and text to front and I am still getting the same results. It stays hidden if I pin them.

6. DjHerold

Terra, there has to be something other than the pinning causing this.
    If you'd like me to look at your file, let me know and I'll message you where to send the file.
    Dj

7. Terra Nova

Terra Nova New Member

I would appreciate that Dj Herold, thank you. I been going crazy trying to solve this problem.

8. DjHerold

Terra, I looked at your file, and if I'm not mistaken you have changed a few things from your screen shot. Your 'About' page appears to be different.
    On the new page, when you scroll down the page the Nav system (sitting below the New Video) scrolls into position, your animation plays and the nav (with the exception of the Logo) locks into place at the top of the page. You done this by using 'Scroll Effects' on the About page, not pinning.
    What I found needing to be fixed is the Logo isn't assigned any Scroll Effects like the other elements. Also, you should place a white rectangle behind the Header elements (also with scroll effects), so there is a background for your header visually and something for the other content to scroll under.
    I noticed the other pages have the nav set like in your screen shot and are pinned to the top of the page, which worked fine.
    If I'm missing something else, just let me know and I'll take another look.
    Dj

Capture.JPG