Solved How to download and install new updates

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by jimcoulter, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jimcoulter

jimcoulter Member

Hi! I'm new to Muse Themes. I too have had several issues and bugs with Media gallery Pro and SHOW Video.

What I need to know is how to download and install the NEW updates that were released today. There is no instructions on the email I received or on the Muse themes site unless I have missed it.

Sorry but please let me know how to update my software.

thank you!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jim, I responded to your other post. Also, check out the Knowledge Based Articles in this link.
    http://kb.musethemes.com/
    Dj

3. Frans

Frans New Member

Hi Dj,
    I have the same question as Jim, but I could not find the answer in the Knowledge Based Articles.
    Is it possible to explain it here?
    Thanx!
    With regards, Frans Janssen.

4. DjHerold

Frans, sure, no worries.
    First, let me be a bit general with the downloading and installing. I'm attaching a link to the KB article about this topic.....http://kb.musethemes.com/article/69-installing-widgets.
    A bit more to the original question, first, go to the update page for the widgets (I have a link to this in my signature, or find it on any widget page). This will tell you the latest version of the widget, when it was updated and what the general fixes/enhancements were.
    We also have a new page that was introduced yesterday about support items. You can see this by clicking of the Contact us drop down, next to the forum drop down.
    Once you've decided on a widget you need to download/update, you can download it on the widget product page. You have the ability to download a single widget, say to get the latest version, or to download all the latest versions at once.
    If you are downloading and installing ALL the widgets, I suggest reading the attached article in the link I provided.
    If you are loading just one or two, once downloaded to your computer, if you click on the .Mulib file, it will auto load into Muse and place it in your Library. In your library you will still be able to see the older version, as well as the new one, and choose to keep it or as recommended, delete it from your library.
    One very important thing to note, Muse does not have the capability to change out your widget from your design. If you need to update a version for whatever reason, this will need to be done manually, and the widget will need to be re set up.
    Hope this helps.
    Dj

5. Frans

Frans New Member

Hi Dj
    Thanx for your excellent explanation!
    Frans.

6. DjHerold

Fran's, you are very welcome. Glad to have helped.
    Dj