Solved How to display facebook photo album in a slide show?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by CouchStudio, Feb 28, 2016.

1. CouchStudio

CouchStudio New Member

Someone please tell me how to display the facebook photo album in a slideshow. There is no documentation on this site and I've tried emailing support several times with no response.

thank you

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Couch, Are you talking about the slide show in the video, the one on the widget page?
    Dj

3. CouchStudio

CouchStudio New Member

I am talking about the slide show on the demo page. See attached.

Attached Files:

4. CouchStudio

CouchStudio New Member

It even says on the demo page that it can be implemented into a slide show. (see attached. I circled in red)

Attached Files:

5. DjHerold

Couch, yes, that is the one I meant. If you are experienced creating designs using the composition widget this should be easy, if not, you will have to play with it a bit, to get everything where you want it.
    What you need to do is, create an area with a rectangle, like the full width green area on the video that you circled.
    Then you'll want to drag out a blank composition widget from the Muse library. Place the top (the lines that look like barbed wire) of the composition widget, approximately at the top of the green rectangle. You may have to play with the positioning, but that's to be expected.
    see image #1
    Now select the target area shown in image #2, drag a new FB widget into the target area like shown in image #2. You'll see that things seem to be over the top of others, but remember in Muse, the design mode doesn't always mirror the live site. design.
    I make mention of having more than 1 FB widget in this design. I actually have 2, one in each target (make sure to name them accordingly) but that's how you achieve the slide show. Use the FB widget general settings to get you close to what I'm showing.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

facebook 1.JPG facebook 2.JPG

Nuno Lopes likes this.
  6. Pete

Pete Active Member

I have been trying to reproduce this for what seems forever and it just does not work. Dj - Could you not do a video or perhaps a widget that has this already setup? - Edit: I've had a Eureka moment and have sorted it - it's a con! - I thought the slide show was from the same album but it's not! - now that would be a great feature!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  7. angelo kanyno

angelo kanyno New Member

I trying, not work, Please tutorial video for slide show!!!Thanks!!!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Jon Kay likes this.
  8. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

Would it be responsive with the slider?

9. angelo kanyno

angelo kanyno New Member

10. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

Angelo, did you get this to work?

11. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

How can we get more of a tutorial of how to do this? I can get it based on the directions above. Should I submit a ticket?

12. DjHerold

Jon, I'm not sure what's the best way to get a quick video tutorial on this, but a ticket may be the way.
    I'm not set up to do tutorials for the team, so I apologize for that.
    The issue with this is, it's getting very specific to how to apply the widget, rather than what the widget does. All of our widgets can be used in special design ways, but it's just not possible to always provide video tutorials for each method.
    I can answer any questions you may have, but I agree a tutorial would be nice.
    I will also see what I can find anything out from my end.
    Thanks
    Dj

13. DjHerold

All, it has come to my attention that some of the people were having issues setting this up because the Thumbnail setting weren't adjusted.
    If this is the case in your situation, please adjust your thumbnail setting to fit your design. In my case, I adjusted the thumbs to 7 per trigger, and 100 px by 100 px in size.
    Dj

14. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

Here is what I have thus far.

1. create an area with a rectangle

[​IMG]

2. drag out a blank composition widget from the Muse library. Place the top (the lines that look like barbed wire) of the composition widget, approximately at the top of the green rectangle.

[​IMG]

3. select the target area shown in image #2, drag a new FB widget into the target area like shown in image #2

[​IMG]

Result

[​IMG]

• Not sure what I am doing wrong, but the FB widget seems to make my composition tool expand vertically as seen with the gray area.
    • How do I get rid of the Load more button?
    • Is this responsive? It appears not to be. Upon looking at the page, the single download button is NOT the responsive one?
    I appreciate your help with this!

15. DjHerold

Jon, two things to do first. make your fill area transparent, and eliminate the Load More button (you can choose 'Custom' button and not place one to make it not apply).
    It is possible to shrink the composition widget vertically but it's not easy and takes some playing. Also, in most cases it's not necassary if made transparent.
    Any widget using a Composuition widget isn't responsive at this time. This is based on a Muse coded widget, and as of now they haven't changed the code to be responsive (although thee is quite an outcry for this).
    Dj

16. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

"make your fill area transparent"
    Actually did that in another example. Thanks. Ok. I have it. I have done another example with the accordion tool (which is responsive) will allow you to push content below if the viewer chooses the load more button. Have an issue with that at a certain breakpoint (pushes content and creates a white space). I will bring that up in other thread. Thanks for your help.

Is Agent CMS supposed to allow our clients to add their own pictures and videos?