Solved How to circumvent the new Chrome for Android restrictions?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Günter Heißenbüttel, Jun 26, 2019.

1. As you all might know, the newest Chrome for Android doesn‘t allow redirects any more. That means, an adaptive Muse site, which redirects to a phone layout doesn’t work any more and shows a blank browser window.
    Is there an elegant way to circumvent this new resstriction?
    Wouldn‘t it be fine, if MuseThemes could supply a widget, which restores the possibility of redirects again?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Gunter, thanks for the post.
    Our developers are looking into this.
    We will follow up when there is more info for everyone.
    Thank you
    Dj

3. Thank you so much! Hope, you will have success to fight against Google‘s market power! :)

4. Mick

Mick Member

I see you announced a redirect fix, but the announcement doesn't say where to download it. Please advise?

5. DjHerold

6. Hi Dj!
    Thank you so much for this speedy reaction and for your continuing support for „dead, old“ Muse!
    The widget works fine.
    Have a nice day!

7. Ariel A.

Ariel A. Member

Hi DJ,
    I went through the tutorial on the blog post, but i'm still having the same issue on chrome in mobile and now for some reason on other browsers it skips the phone version and only shows the tablet version on mobile. Do i have to just try and turn it into a responsive site instead of adaptive? Please help

8. DjHerold

Ariel, sorry you are still experiencing issues.
    Would it be possible to get some screen shots of your steps/layout in Muse?
    Something along the lines of the shots we use in the little tutorial would be a good start.
    It's a bit tough to know what steps may be the culprit without being able to see the file.
    And if all else fails you can contact the support team and let them see your file for a deeper look.
    Thanks in advance
    Dj