Solved How do I get graphic elements to fill the browser window?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by jsi140, Feb 23, 2016.

1. jsi140

jsi140 Member

Here's an example of the problem. I created a blue rectangle and stretched it across the width of the screen. However, when I preview the site, the blue rectangle is centered in the middle with white space on both ends. Back in design mode, I tried stretching the rectangle off of the page on both ends, but it still recenters in the middle when I preview. This also happens to a placed image. How do I get elements to fill the width of the browser window?

2. jsi140

jsi140 Member

I figured out a solution. I made sure the rectangle snapped to both edges of the window, and then I shortened the rectangle on the right end and then resnapped it. It seems like a strange thing to have to do, but it worked for me. As for making an image fill the browser width, I clicked on the words "Browser Fill" in the control panel, added an image, and clicked "Scale to Fit."

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

jsl, Muse has always stated there are a couple of ways to perform certain functions. This issue you are talking about is one of those.
    It has always been common to just stretch the item to the outer edges, and when you see the snap (usually a quick red flash) on both sides you are good to go. The way we used to do it in the last version of Muse was to use what is now the re size tool at the top. If you item was able to go full browser width you would see a tool with to arrows, either pointing inward (not full width) or outwards, indicating your item was full browser width.
    But with the new version, the easiest way is to use the re size tool. Open the drop down and you will see what your choices are (none, responsive width and height, or stretch browser width.
    When adding an image you should use Browser fill to fill the entire browser size, and use fill to fill rectangles and other items.
    Dj

4. jsi140

jsi140 Member

Thank you, and thanks for resources.