How are YOU using Mumblr? Please Share!

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Brandon, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hello All,

We're doing a write up on Mumblr, showing all of the ways that it can be used. We'd love to hear what ways you guys are using it. If you are able, please provide a link. And if you're agreeable to letting us share your site in our write up, let me know!

Cheers

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

I have so far been able to implement Mumblr into 1 clients site sense Mumblr's release, so far the results are very positive and its been a joy to work with. My client needed a way to update there Gallery's Page as well as there Calendar page, they are not very tech savvy and using Google Calendar for them was far to much stress, so I implemented Mumblr for a solution to both.

Gallery Page: Mumblr was added and set to only pull photo post's with the tag "art", now when the client would like to add a new painting all they do is post to Tumblr and tag it "art" and will stream directly to the Gallery page on there site with little to no delay.

Calendar Page: This page was alittle more of a set up, but the result was the same seamless and easy, I have 12 Mumblr widgets on this page, each case of Mumblr is pulling a tag for each month (ie: tag; #January tag; #February ). So when the client needs to update there calendar page they simply type up the information they want there visitors to see and then inserts the tag for the corresponding month and it will stream directly to the respected Mumblr widget on the calendar page.
    Post example:
    Title: June 10th
    Text: show in San Fransisco on 4th street.
    tag: #june

Because this project is still being worked on I don't have a link yet to share unfortunately, but I hope this information can help others come up with ideas in ways to fully implement Mumblr as more than just a simple Blog solution.​

3. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Wow @Norman Durkee, that's awesome! 12 Mumblr widgets on the same page?? Whew!

Nice work, and thanks for sharing.

4. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Absolutely Brandon, I think its also worth mentioning that I have taken those 12 Mumblr's and copied them into indivdual accordion panels and then put them onto the mobile version of the site as well, its working great and doesn't seem to be slowing down the page loading or scrolling from my testing on the mobile site either (With An iPhone 6+). And I mention this simply to demonstrate how flexable and powerful this widget is, even when using it on a mobile site.