Horizontal rather than Vertical?? PLEASE?!

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by hursey, Jul 17, 2017.

1. hursey

hursey Member

I am hoping that I am somehow just missing a preference or check box somewhere, however I am putting images into a Media Pro Gallery into multiple columns, and it is arranging them in vertical order other than left to right.

I can't imagine that this would be fixed this way and not changeable to a normal left to right then top to bottom orientation???...

I am hoping that if nothing else there is some hack to fix this counter-intuitive flow.
    I can't imagine anyone looking at a page of images with multiple columns and rows would proceed top to bottom first rather than left to right...

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

hursey, could you show me an example (maybe some screen shots) of how you are set up?
    May if possible also a look at your widget settings?
    Thank you
    Dj

3. hursey

hursey Member

DJ, Thanks so much for the reply... I am attaching some screen shots.. let em know if you need more or different ones.. I have looked elsewhere for this issue but not found an answer yet... What I am looking for is for the images to flow left to right THEN top to bottom, and then display in that same order in the slideshow Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.47.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.47.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.48.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.49.15 AM.png

4. DjHerold

hursey, I see that your description only seems to be when using the Mosaic Grid.
    I have asked the team if this is normal behavior, and will get back to you as soon as I hear.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. hursey

hursey Member

Thanks so much DJ, yes the mosaic grid is THE reason I signed up for Muse Themes. I am looking for a usable solution that is elegant and does not take forever to build. I am using another widget currently that I have to custom build one image at a time :-( and is a bit glitchy....
    http://www.hursey.com/quirky.html

6. DjHerold

hursey, what I have been told is "it is expected behavior, mosaic grid is essentially 'columns' , that's how it handles the different sizes / heights and keeps them all tightly together".
    We are working on a Media Pro Connect widget, that is being designed to give you what MPG2 has but with a spreadsheet style set up for better loading (for those who find in-widget loading tedious.
    The Dev stated they will look to see if it can be corrected, but the reasons for the design as it is , is for a less heavy and cleaner coded widget. But they said they will look at it.
    Thanks
    Dj

7. hursey

hursey Member

Hi DJ, Thanks for this additional information. I am not really concerned about loading. I am - being a photographer - concerned about presentation and flow.. How my images lay out and how they flow to tell a story are of utmost importance.. Someone coming to my site would expect to see the images flow in a book style (left to right then top to bottom) Having them flow in a column format would be confusing to the average viewer, and makes it virtually impossible for me to lay them out in a manner in which they would flow properly both on the page and subsequently in the slideshow. This is really disappointing, I seem to be unable to find a solution for a mosaic gallery as there seems to be something that is an issue with each one I try. This was looking SO promising to me.... :-(

8. hursey

hursey Member

I am wondering... When you say they are going to "look at this" is this something they will do in the short term.. .like in the coming days or something more on the back burner.. say a few months? I need to find a workable solution in the short term and understand if they can't resolve this now, but I'll need to move on if they are not able. Thanks so much for any insight...

9. DjHerold

hursey, I'm going to err on the safe side and say I believe that "if" this is something they can implement in an upcoming widget, it wouldn't be something quick.
    I think this (again, if possible) would show up in the MPG Connect, when it's released, rather than a complete change to the existing widgets code.
    To be perfectly honest, in talking to the developers, this isn't a simple request. The ability to align landscape and portrait images in a tight fitting Mosaic grid, is from what I am being told, a major change in the way the team has structured their code.
    Sorry I don't have better news.
    Dj

10. hursey

hursey Member

Thanks for doing further research on this DJ. Its a real bummer as this is otherwise a great widget and I would have incorporated it into my website immediately but its flow just does not make sense. I will check in every once in a while, but if there is a way to get an alert if this feature becomes available I would love it as I will sign up again for a membership the moment I know its available.

11. hursey

hursey Member

Another Question.. (can you tell I am determined?) Would Muse-Themes customize / write the code if I were to pay a fee for them to do it?

12. DjHerold

hursey, I love the determination, it's what pushes us.
    To be honest, you would have to place an inquiry to the team to see if they would be willing to do a custom design.
    Dj

13. hursey

hursey Member

Thanks DJ.. can you advise the best path by which to connect with them and make the inquiry?

14. DjHerold

Hursey, normally I would suggest going through a support ticket, but I see you're already doing that in a discussion around this topic.
    Let me see if I can get this thread into the right hands.
    That way they can see our discussion and see if there's anything they can do.
    Dj

15. hursey

hursey Member

Thanks DJ,

I have yet to hear back on my inquiry dos anything I can do to assist from my end I am happy to do....

16. DjHerold

hursey, as of right now it's in the development teams hands. I pushed it forwards from my end, so I'll have to give it some time.
    Thanks
    Dj

17. Kristine

Kristine Member

Has there been any progress made on this issue? I'm a photographer as well, signed up for muse-themes specifically for this mosaic gallery feature, and am sadly disappointed to see that the mosaic grid is structured with vertical columns rather than left to right (which is just really counterintuitive for a viewer/website-user). It just kills me that the images are arranged vertically. :(

18. DjHerold

Kristine, as of now, no. As I stated to the original poster, we hope to have something like MPG in a connect format, but there is no timeline that I've been given.
    I always suggest placing a ticket to add some emphasis to a subject. We try to build new things based on user demand first.
    Be sure to give some examples of why and what your need is, so things can be designed that direction.
    For example, I understand hursey's reason, he looks to be building a story off each image, but as a typical Gallery how does the image order effect you ect.
    Thank you
    Dj

19. Kristine

Kristine Member

Hi Dj,

Thanks for the quick response. That's a bummer about the ordering of the mosaic grid, but I completely understand that coding is not easy and takes time. That said, if this could be updated to allow for a horizontal direction to the images, my word, I'd be elated!

I've taken your advice and have contacted support (I'm assuming that automatically creates a ticket??) with suggestions on the ordering of the mosaic grid, and my reasoning behind wanting that option. It's basically the same as Hursey's reason - building a story, having a flow to the image either content-wise, color-wise, or simply just playing off of the content from one image to the next to avoid repetitive color schemes, subjects, etc.

Thanks,
    -Kristine