Hero Connect as a Hero Slideshow

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Roger, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Loving this new widget.

I am trying to use it as a Hero slideshow, where the images change every 10 seconds or so... but I cant get the timing right.

I understand (I think) that you have to go into the preset.csv and change the mt_value to "timeinterval"....

Then set your timerange to whatever... then resettimerange to 1, refresh, and then back to 0

But I only get one slide coming up and it doesn't change.... Im trying to get the images to change every 10 seconds ...

I have even tried set the timerange to "1" to represent one minute, just to make it easier.... would be useful to have this section in seconds then you don't have to think about "0.?" to resent seconds of a minute?

Can you let me know exactly what I need to change in order to get slides or images to change every 10 seconds?

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roger, this widget wasn't set up to be used like a traditional slideshow.
    When changing the images, you can go as low a 1 per minute but the screen needs to be refreshed (typically designed to be the next image when a viewer returns to the page after a minute).
    For what you are describing I'd take a look at our Gallery Connect widgets or maybe the Super Hero Slider (that is still in Beta, but can be tied out by going to the Beta Forum room).
    Dj

3. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

OK got...

Shame though.... and Im wondering why such a simple addition to its capabilities was left out?

4. boxerkiro

boxerkiro New Member

Hi everyone,
    1- I have test the hero & gallery connect, and both are very good widgets. But it seems that I am not the only one that would like of a bit of merge between these two. I would like to create a website that is going to run just in full screen, showing several banners in a slideshow that I control from my office. The website is going to show in a TV at our supermarket (with the offers of the day/week/info/etc). Maybe there is another or better way to do this...

2- Could I show banners made in HTML5 with Connect or in Muse? For example made in Edge, Bannerflow, Adform, etc.

Thanks for reading this, and let me read your opinions! :)
    Cheers,
    Diego

5. DjHerold

Diego, as I mentioned in my previous post, I suggest trying our Beta version of the Super Hero Slideshow widget.
    It's built on the Cinch slideshow widget platform with the Super Hero capabilities.
    Dj

boxerkiro likes this.
  6. boxerkiro

boxerkiro New Member

Hi DjHerold,
    Ok, I am new in the forum so I thought the access for BETA Hero Slideshow it was just for "someones".
    I will take a look around the forum so I will give it a try! :)
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    Cheers,
    Diego

7. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Hi DjHerold,
    I am using Hero Connect in my website (claudiokoeppel.com). On the mobile version HC does not scale down fully as designed on the desktop version, it's cropped at its sides. Are there limitations to the image sizes?
    Best,
    Claudio

8. DjHerold

Claudio, may I ask what images sizes you have tried?
    Thanks
    Dj

Claudio likes this.
  9. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Hi DjHerold,

the image sizes are 856 x 667 px. I placed the hero connect widget on both the desktop and phone tabs. Tried also both display modes default and full page with a publishing test on BC.

Previous I placed the images on a scratch sheet (sizes 856 x 667 px) and published it as a temporary site to business catalyst for the upload and obtain the image addresses for the Hero Connect - Content CV-file.

Thank you!
    Claudio

10. DjHerold

Claudio, I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean when you stated "I placed the hero connect widget on both the desktop and phone tabs". It leads me to believe that you are building an 'Adaptive' rather than Responsive site?
    If so, may I ask, have you tried using a smaller image size for the mobile site?
    Dj

11. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Hi DjHerold,
    It works now as expected! Didn’t change the images sizes but placed the widget new on the phone tab.
    Thank you!
    Best regards
    Claudio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.