Help with Responsive Pushy Panes in KARMA

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Colleen Marie, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Colleen Marie

Colleen Marie New Member

I feel pretty comfortable using Muse but I MUST be missing something. I see the switch for editing JUST the current view (size, whatever) vs. Text across all responsive views. Regardless of which one I use however, I FINALLY get one view set up and WORKING and I click to the smaller size and it's RIDICULOUSLY messed up. For example, I switched from 1200 to 960 and my extra menu page (from the Karma template) was almost 15000 px long. & all the menu items were stacked together so finding the culprit "state frame" was a BLAST. Finally, Im so frustrated, I thought I would check to be sure it wasn't damaging my full width set up annnnnnnnd yup...... I gotta say, I love my MacBook but the poor thing may get chucked soon! I have deadlines, I've watched tutorials, I GET IT buuuuuut... maybe not all of it. SOMEONE HELP!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Colleen Marie!
    If your question is concerning Pushy Panes menu so you can edit it very easily, just open the Home Master page (look at the screenshot). When you change menu texts in 1200px breakpoint so the texts have changed also in smaller breakpoints.

Home_Master.png

3. Colleen Marie

Colleen Marie New Member

No, I understand that. That's helpful. What I am talking about is adding or subtracting menu items (which sucks that it isn't auto populated like the others) and when viewing across break points, the position hasn't gone crazy. My perception of the break points were that you just needed to shift slightly or maybe move items to stack vertically vs horizontally so they fit from bp to bp. I look at 1200 vs 960 and 1200 is nicely lined up and working but 960 the menu page is now 15,000px wide!!! With each menu stacked across the way... Really a huge mess.

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

I added (copy/paste) 3 new items to menu in 1200px breakpoint (look at the screenshot).
    After this you must manually edit the menu in smaller breakpoints.
    There is not an automatic feature in Pushy Panes widget to add items.

Home_Master.png

5. Colleen Marie

Colleen Marie New Member

OH! That makes perfect sense! Ok...I will try this. THANK YOU very much. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. :)