Solved Help with message that files are missing

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Bernie C, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bernie C

Bernie C Member

I keep getting the infamous window pop up that some of my files are missing or incorrect. I've had this happen before with other sites but normally a re-upload fixes the problem. But I have tried over and over and still get the message, clearing my cache each time of course. It seemed to start after I added the Audio Essentials Pro player. I've been replacing my Podsnack players since they are going out of business. If any Muse experts wouldn't mind taking a look I'd really appreciate any help to sort this out.

The site is at: http://david-mansfield.com/index.html

Thanks so much! BC

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

BC, Most typically that occurs when there is an issue during upload. Often times you wont even know there is an issue behind the scenes on the sites server. Usually this issue can be fixed by re-uploading the site, however when you re-upload you want to make sure you *Upload All Files* instead of the default Modified Only option that Muse selects.
    Please, as always, make sure you have a backup copy of your site made before doing any uploads.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Bernie C

Bernie C Member

Thanks. Yes, I've done all the things mentioned. I'm suspicious of the Podsnack player and that it may be causing the problem. I'm still in the process of moving all the players to the Audio Essential Pro players. If you could keep this thread open until I'm done that would be great. It's a task as my client has sooo many music files. Thanks again!

4. Bernie C

Bernie C Member

Just a follow-up... I tried uploading connecting to my iPhone hotspot instead of my home Xfinity wi-fi and the site uploaded successfully. Strange but whatever works. So problem solved. Thanks!