Help with Google Sheets to CSV

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Richneedshelp, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richneedshelp

Richneedshelp Member

I prefer not to use google sheets and convert them to CSV to host on my Linux Server. Has anyone here had success with that? Biggest issue where to place the CSV files and how to edit where the images go.

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Rich, first off, pardon me for not being very adept with using Linux.
    Could you explain a bit more on what your trying to accomplish.
    What I'm interpreting, is that you want to use Local CSV files instead of Google Sheets.
    This is where I may be naive, because normally, the CSV is inserted in the widget and uploaded with the Muse files. Is this not the case with your situation?
    Dj

3. Richneedshelp

Richneedshelp Member

Thanks for reply. Once I make copies of the google sheets I save them to my desktop. I than open Excel and save them as csv files. My question is do the converted files go into a specific folder in Muse? Just assets? Second to edit the image locations on the sheet what is the proper format? Like if all my images are my muse images folder the location would be?
    /images/test.png?

4. DjHerold

Rich, could you let me know what Connect widget you are trying to use the CSV files with?
    Each Connect widget comes with it's own version of Local CSV files to modify and use.
    Those files are inserted into the specific widgets control panel (same same area where you choose which to use Google sheet or local files).
    As far as where your images should be housed, I think this video shows the various ways we suggest using. https://visualarms.wistia.com/medias/0jrav2zavl
    I hope this helps
    Dj

5. Richneedshelp

Richneedshelp Member

Thanks for Help!!!!! I am working with the Infini Club template and the widget with the picture gallery.

6. Richneedshelp

Richneedshelp Member

Sadly after hours this week-end of trying to get to work I am giving up. I watched the videos and switched to local csv files after making copies. I see them in my web site root folder. But the Connect Gallery stops working if I change an image on the csv. Maybe I should delete the Gallery that came with the template and drag a new one in place? I looked at the code to find where Muse uses the CSV and Wow this template is very big on Java scripts etc. I left my broken site up for you to view and maybe check the code etc.

http// www.thesongfromaroundtheworld.com

7. DjHerold

Rich, could I ask that you place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us), and let the team look at your sheets and file.
    I'm a bit confused on the what's and why's of what you are doing.
    Having the team see your sheets and file will go along way to understanding any changes you may have made.
    Thanks
    you for understanding.
    Dj

8. Richneedshelp

Richneedshelp Member

They could also contact me, Long time user here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.