Help: i don't get video to work in Media Pro Gallery

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Ritchieb, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hello there,

I ve tried several things but i don't seem to get it to work properly.

Using the video URL:
    When I use this option for a self hosted film, the lightbox opens up but stays white. And I have used the proper url for when i paste the same url into my browser, it opens op the films in the browser and plays.

When i give in the url of youtube here then i get two thumbnails. One is transparant and the other shows and excerpt image with a play button. (i only use one film so that's why i know that it shows two thumbnails. And i know that there is a transparant thumbnail cause when hovering over it, i get a hand. They are not aligned next to each other but vertically and i have i have set the number of videos in collection to one.

I can click on the thumbnail with the play button but i can't click it away if i want to stop playing. Not even after it is finished.

When i check default preview video thumbnail, then a preview thumbnail is showing in the same place where the transparant thumbnail was. And underneath the thumbnail is again the second thumbnail op the youtube film with the play button.

Using link:
    When i use this and paste in the youtube url, it again gives a transparant thumbnail. Clicking on that transparant thumbnail it opens op youtube in a browser so it shows the whole youtube site with the film playing in it.

When i add an image, it shows up as thumbnail and when clicking on it, it opens up the youtube environment of that film.

Can you please help me out for don't seem to get it to work.

Kind regards,
    Richard

2. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Adding something to my post: i just checked your showcase out and it also doesn't work and shows the same problems when using Youtube films. I just found out that vimeo works well.

3. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Ritchieb , my apologies with the troubles that you are experiencing, hopefully we can help get these fixed for you. Do you by chance have a link to a page where I can see this in action?

4. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hello Norman,
    I have uploaded all of my videos to vimeo because those links work.
    In a test environment i still have an example for you:
    http://mediapro.braxmedia.nl

But also your own example shows these issues:
    http://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/media-pro-gallery?view=preview

But I have another question. I have some portrait images. Some are really high and less wide and those aren’t cropped off and i have a few other who are cropped off when showing in
    the lightbox. Is there a sort of ratio? Until now i am unable to get some image in total view.
    Thanks a lot
    Best,
    Richard

5. Peter Amirault

Peter Amirault Member

Hi Ritchie, did you ever find a solution to the your video problem? With hosting video files yourself and using the link in the Media Pro Gallery widget. Thanks, Peter

6. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hi Peter,
    No i didn't and with Youtube i didn't got it to work either. But I uploaded my video files to Vimeo and then it works.
    So give that a try!

7. Peter Amirault

Peter Amirault Member

Thanks for the response Ritchie!

8. Peter Amirault

Peter Amirault Member

I tried Vimeo and got the same results.

9. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Peter, if you are still having issues, please place a support ticket (support>contact us). It would also be great, when you have your answer, if you could post it here for others to see.
    Thanks
    Dj

10. Peter Amirault

Peter Amirault Member

Hi DJ, I've posted a support ticket, emailed MuseThemes and still haven't gotten an answer. You responded once, but only answered one question. Peter

11. DjHerold

Peter, could you let me know when you placed your support ticket so I can follow up? And who to and when you emailed MuseThemes.
    This might help getting a response.
    Dj

12. Peter Amirault

Peter Amirault Member

Thanks for the help, I emailed through the online contact here on April 25th, 2:26 p.m. I got a response from Alex and emailed him back with questions and never heard back from him. Then I posted to the forum yesterday and you replied but only about that I could be using the older version of the widget, which I found out that I was using the most current. Thanks again for your help.

13. DjHerold

I will forward this post to Alex.
    Thank you for the information.
    Dj

14. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hey Peter, it's still not working i see... if i can be of help let me know... Maybe you could send me your .muse file so i can have a look. Not that i have the answer but i can certainly compare your settings to mine and likely see a difference....