HeadLiner 2.0 spoils the header on the master

Discussion in 'Headliner' started by aussieniks, Jul 28, 2016.

1. aussieniks

aussieniks Member

Hi,
    I have encountered one big problem with Version 2.0 of this Headliner widget is as outlined below:
    My website consist of 12 pages (including one master) and each page has their own layers defined. The Top Menu is on the Master page and I am using a standard horizontal menu from the Muse library. The header of this Master page consist of a Logo, a few text objects and the horizontal menu.
    I am trying to use the Headliner 2.0 widget on a page called Gallery. However as soon as I put the widget on the gallery and when previewed in the Preview section of muse or in a browser the whole header contents including the Menu and the text objects scrunch up on the left hand side of the screen and each characters appear one below the other in a vertical format.
    I have attached the two screenshot. One without widget in place near the word "Gallery" and second one after placing the widget near the word "Gallery".

I did check that all the objects are on their respective layers. No styles is defined on the Master page and the only styles defined are for the headliner itself. Please help!!
    without widget preview.jpeg with widget preview.jpg

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Very strange behaviour!
    - Try to test Headliner-widget on a blank page?
    - Test also Headliner-widget on master page?
    - Do you have any other widgets on that page except menu-widget?

3. Jeremei

- Don´t copy and paste Headline1 text to other Headline texts.
    - Make a new Headline text box for each paragraph style.
    - Don´t give same style of names in paragraph style box.

4. aussieniks

aussieniks Member

Yes Jeremei, it is very strange.
    • This does not happen on a new blank page.
    • I tested on the the master page with same behaviour.
    • I even tried on a different page and still the same strange behaviour.
    • The only widget I have on the page i am trying to use is Composition Widget for photo gallery. However I tried on page which only has a text and picture nothing else and still it messes the text on the header section of the Master page. The text on the master page has no paragraph style defined.
    • Even if I place the widget on the page without any text still generates this strange behaviour. I am totally baffled. I am unable to use this widget on any of the 12 pages of this website i am making.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

aussie, I have sent you a PM about your file.
    Dj

6. aussieniks

aussieniks Member

Thanks DJ... I am happy to email you the .muse file, however it is 53MB. I hope it will come through.

7. Jeremei

I think that you are absolutely right, there is something wrong in this widget behaviour.
    I managed to produce this strange behaviour.
    I made almost same kind of site / page and when I added Headliner widget to Master Page so I got odd result (vertical text, etc.).
    After that I created a blank page (not Master Page) "Gallery" and I put to this page first Headliner widget and after that one by one I added other elements (logo and texts). In this way the result was as I wanted (look at the screenshot).
    Anyway MT-team should investigate this widget and fix it.

Gallery.png

8. nicolem

nicolem Member

I am also having a similar problem. my header has a blue line stretching across the browser width and when I try to use the Headliner 2.0 widget, its not stretching to browser width. See attached image.

Attached Files:

9. aussieniks

aussieniks Member

Thank you @Jeremei for trying it out.
    @DJ had a look at my file, the widget works well if the header did not had a white rectangle. So I reckon @nicolem, your blue line stretched across the browser must be a rectangle too.

The original reason to have the white rectangle was, I had pinned the header so that when you scroll down the page the header remains in place. The contents of the header was overlapping the page contents as the header layer was on the top of the page, so I used the white rectangle so that page contents scrolls underneath it and gives an effect of pinned top section. However when I proceeded with responsive option; you know Muse does not support pinning and responsive height/width options for contents so I removed the pinning however forgot the white rectangle.
    However there is something within that widget too because it still baffles me that why a white rectangle on master page header and this widget on a different layer would jeopardise the behaviour?
    I have raised a support ticket so let us hope the team will be in a better place to explain this odd behaviour of the widget caused by an element on the header.

Cheers from Downunder :)

10. DjHerold

All, After looking at aussieniks file, I can narrow the conflict in the design to the header area. It seems that removing a single item in the header makes all well.
    Although I can identify an issue, I am not yet sure why the issue is happening. Is it an issue with the widget or something else. I have not been able to replicate this on my own testing sites, so if anyone (possibly nicolem) has a file I could look at that is experiencing a similar situation, please let me know in a Private Conversation.
    I have asked the development team to see if this widget has a bug, or if there is something else I'm not finding.
    I do not know their timeline, but if I get any feed back, I will post it in the forum.
    Thank you all for your patience.
    Dj

11. Jeremei

Dj!
    I managed to produce this "bug" and I sent muse-file to your email dj (at) musethemes.com
    I hope that you can fix the issue. :)

12. DjHerold

Jeremei, thank you for the file. I am going to have the team look at a file of mine at the beginning of the week.
    I do not think this is a 'Master' page issue. I can replicate the problem aussieniks is having on any page.
    The widget works BUT if I add any 'Full Width' rectangle behind any other content, it looks (at first glance) like the Widget is causing the content to collapse and/or disappear. This applies to "any full width rectangle, either above or below the widget.
    I'll try to keep everyone updated as I find out more.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Dj

13. DjHerold

All, there has been an update to the Headliner widget.
    It addresses all the issues listed in this thread.
    Thank you all for your patience and your help in Identifying, supplying information and all you've helped with.
    This is how we can keep all the widgets you love performing how you want to see them.
    It is now ready for download in the widgets page.
    Thanks again
    Dj