Headliner 2.0 (complete rebuild) - Looking For Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Headliner' started by Brandon, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hello All!

We have rebuilt our Headliner widget from the ground up. This rebuild addresses several issues our users have reported: vertical display, timing problems, breakpoint issues, and more.

Before officially releasing, we'd love to get your feedback. Product quality is important to us, and we appreciate your help!

Download available to members HERE (contains widget and .muse sample setup file)

Please post feedback in this thread. Thanks!

2. Nick Tsakiris

Nick Tsakiris New Member

Having issues with both versions in the latest Adobe Muse

3. Brandon

Hey @Nick Tsakiris

Could you provide some detail on the problems you're having?

Thanks

4. Kevin Hawkins

Kevin Hawkins Member

I can't seem to make it animate. I set up the paragraph styles and link them to the text. Then I select them in the widget and then view in browser. The first paragraph style text does not show up, and then the second and third paragraph style text does show up, but do not animate, they are just there on the screen.

Kevin

5. Brandon

Hi @Kevin Hawkins,

Hmm. Could you try just clicking on the text boxes while your Paragraph Styles panel is open? Then making sure that the paragraph styles are unique with every text box you click on? I find it easier to create a text box, then apply a new paragraph style to it.

Also you mentioned "selecting" them in the widget. Did you use the paragraph style names that were already in the widget options? As long as the names are the same, you should be good.

6. Kevin Hawkins

Kevin Hawkins Member

OK. I got it to animate. I don't know what I did differently. Here are two issues I found. One is, it does not like space in the animating text. I was animating 2 words, and the space between them does not show up. The second issue is the last paragraph style text box stays on the screen in addition to the animated text. The animation runs correctly, but the last paragraph style box is in a different location from the rotating text, and does not go away.

7. Brandon

We've updated the widget to Beta v2. This update eliminates the paragraph style text from remaining visible. New version is available at the download link in the 1st post above.

@Kevin Hawkins I'm assuming this will address your 2nd issue. I'm not sure what's happening in the st1 issue you mention. I'm not seeing any issues with spacing between words in the animated text. Would you mind seeing if you have better luck with the updated widget?

Thanks

8. Kevin Hawkins

Kevin Hawkins Member

I tried it and the paragraph style text for para1 is not visible, but para2 and para3 paragraph style text is still visible with the version 2.

Also, I am having a problem with the ecwid widget overlapping the footer in my mobile site. Can you help with that?

9. Brandon

@Kevin Hawkins Would you mind creating a new thread for the Ecwid issue? That can go in the general widget forum. Regarding the issues you're having with paragraph styles being visible or not visible, it sounds like a paragraph style naming issue, possibly. I assume the sample muse file included in the download is working for you when you preview it? If so, then the paragraph style names are not linked up to the widget properly, or there are other things on the page interfering

10. Kevin Hawkins

Kevin Hawkins Member

Yes, the sample works fine. I used para1, para2, para3 for my paragraph style names.

I found a previous post on my ecwid problem, and posted there. I can make a new thread also.

11. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

Hello,

I am having issues with my text in the beta headliner. The text comes up italicized when it shouldn't be, and all of the colors are incorrect except one of them. http://128.193.227.79:33333/Preview/kochwebsite_4.1beta/index.html

Thoughts?

I do not like that you have to put the headliner widget box where you want your text to go. I liked the old style better. It is difficult to know where your text is going to appear when you have to place the widget box.

12. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

It would also be really cool if I could hyperlink the words that headline on my screen.

13. Brandon

Hmm. Can you tell me what actual font you're using? The link you posted can't be viewed because it seems to be a local preview, which would only work on your machine. Could you publish a temporary Business Catalyst link?

That makes sense! Let me see if we can pull that off. We weren't able to with the structure of the old widget.

Thanks,

14. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  15. Brandon

Hey All!

New version of the HeadLiner beta is available for download. Link is in the first post.

New in this update:
    • Fixes italicized fonts
    • Adds linking capabilities (to all animations that do NOT animate letters individually)
    • Adds looping disable feature
    • Adds left/right alignment options for headline text (has to be set in widget, not in Muse)

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you find any more issues! @Jack Koch the issues you mentioned should be addressed with the latest update.

Jack Koch likes this.
  16. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

17. aussieniks

aussieniks Member

Hi Brandon,
    One problem I encountered with Version 2.0 of this Headliner widget is as outlined below:
    My website consist of 12 pages (including one master) and each page has their own layers defined. The Top Menu is on the Master page and I am using a standard horizontal menu from the Muse library. The header of this Master page consist of a Logo, a few text objects and the horizontal menu.
    I am trying to use the Headliner 2.0 widget on a page called Gallery. However as soon as I put the widget on the gallery and when previewed in the Preview section of muse or in a browser the whole header contents including the Menu and the text objects scrunch up on the left hand side of the screen and each characters appear one below the other in a vertical format.
    I have attached the two screenshot. One without widget in place near the word "Gallery" and second one after placing the widget near the word "Gallery".

I did check that all the objects are on their respective layers. Please help!! with widget preview.jpg without widget preview.jpeg with widget preview.jpg without widget preview.jpeg