Solved Header acting strange on Homepage

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by LukeJacksonDesign, Nov 7, 2017.

  1. I've noticed the same issue appearing on several sites that I have designed where the header/nav created on a Master Page extends far beyond the browser width on mobile devices. However this applies only to the homepage and all other content besides the header (even the footer created in the same Master page) appears correctly.

    I'm sure there is a simple solution but I'm having a real headache figuring it out. My website currently has this issue when viewed on a phone; the address is www.lukejdesign.com (the header and the fullscreen menu extend far beyond the mobile screen width making it unusable - occurs on the homepage only)

    Anyone encounter this same issue and/or know how to resolve it?

    Thanks in advance,
    Luke
     
  2. marcelt

    marcelt Active Member

    42
    0
    Luke. Have you solved this? I had a similar experience when migrating from Muse 2017 -> 2018.
    In a nutshell the problem turned out to be my composition lightbox widgets. When I design them I would park them outside the viewable area (typically to the right side of my screen), and when done designing disable their visibility so I can work on other page elements without their interference or affecting them.

    Apparently when I moved to 2018, the output would reserve this 'outside' space on the actual page, and display the results you describe. The work around was to leave them visible when exporting (but check [X] Hide all initially). Adobe accepted this as a bug and will get it solved later in the year.

    The sad truth is – to really fix it I think the entire site needs to be build from ground up in 2018.
     
  3. Hi, I have somewhat solved the issue (on the page where I had the original issue anyway) and basically, I rebuilt the page in the 2018 version as you suggested.

    I have now had the same issue appear on the Portfolio page of my website although I imagine the problem has the same cause as slideshows were used on that page.

    Thanks for the solution... I'm always learning new things about the pros and cons of a platform like Muse!
     

Share This Page