Having problems with responsive Muse in mobile layout

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Janne, May 13, 2016.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi,
    this is the first time I use responsive Muse and some items on my mobile layout seem to develop a life on their own ...
    1. On small devices the content can be moved horizontally which should´t happen. There´s nothing else on my canvas - so I wonder why.
    2. The mobile menu opens only on the home page, but it should open on any page (it´s a one page layout). Why is this?
    3. The text boxes extend vertically, which is okay, but they push the content underneath unequally down so that the colored background can be seen.

This is the link to my test site on business catalyst: http://karuselo-4.businesscatalyst.com

Thx in advance!
    Janne

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Janne!
    - There is a "Report Abuse" sign left down on your site. Please read that information and make necessary corrections. Maybe this is not the reason for your site problems but never knows?
    1. Are you using Stacks-tools on your site? If you are using so did you create the site onto Stacks-template where are ready breakpoints?
    2. Very often pages must be fixed manually in each breakpoint.
    3. Here is the link to the site where you can test your site on different devices free of charge
    http://troy.labs.daum.net/

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi Jeremei,
    the "Report Abuse" sign shows on default when you use business catalyst for test only and should have nothing to do with my problems.

1+2. I didn´t use Stacks. I built the site from scratch and fixed the page manually on each of my breakpoints (1280, 960, 768, 550, 320). In preview mode it looked okay - except for the issues I posted.
    3. I already checked my site on Screenfly and saw that it doesn´t behave as it should ...

Maybe it´s an issue with the Medium Pro Gallery - I don´t know. But since I downloaded it last week, it should be up to date.

Any idea about the mobile menu that can only be opened on the homepage?

Still clueless ...

4. Jeremei

Jenna!
    - Really 1280, 960 and 768 breakpoints are working correctly.
    - Have you checked that the anchors are in the right place in 550 and 320 breakpoints, not too much on the left side?

5. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Do you mean the anchors that lead to the subpages like "Kontakt" or "Impressionen"? I placed them all in the centre.

6. Jeremei

Normally anchors are placed like in the picture, a little bit above the item

Anchor.jpg

7. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

This is what I did. Just not left, but in the middle. But this should´t be important ...

8. Jeremei

Janne!
    I think that I know where is the problem.
    Your menu and maybe also other content have been pinned to the left in 550 and 320 breakpoints. They can be pinned also wrong in higher breakpoints, check them.

9. Jeremei

Janne!
    In my opinion if the anchors are in the right places and you have pinned menu and all the contents right so this issue can be a Muse bug. I tested a little current Muse version and it behaved like your site.

10. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

I´ll check. I pinned the logo to the top left. Thx so far for all your efforts! :)

11. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

The content still moves to the upper left. :( I think I´ll consult the Adobe forum ...

12. Jeremei

Janne!
    If you remove 3rd party widgets from your site so what is the result?

13. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

My only 3rd party widget is the Media Pro Gallery from musethemes.com
    Arrgh, I actually don´t dare to remove it - it was so much work to configurate it ... :O

14. Jeremei

Copy your site and remove Media Pro Gallery widget from the copy site and look the result. :)

15. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Yeah, it just came to me, too. ;) I did, but the left shift is still there ...
    I even marked everything to see, whether there is any hidden object on the canvas, but there isn´t.

16. Design Proof

Design Proof New Member

I have the same issue, did you find what the problem was?

17. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Design, could I ask that you start a new post please. This thread is pretty old and the answers may no longer apply.
    You will get better results and a quicker turn around if you state your issue in a new thread.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj