Having issues with responsive

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by pwb, Feb 13, 2016.

1. pwb

pwb Member

I have downloaded the new version of Pushy Panes v1.0, I set up a new site to using the latest build of Adobe Muse. When the browser is scaled down to a breakpoint the content in my site seems to disappear. I deleted the widget and retested the site, the site and responsive breakpoints work correctly, but not with Pushy Panes v1.0 widget applied. Can anyone help me out here?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

pwb, I'm not sure from what you're telling me, if I have this correct.
    So lets try this. Open a new black page/site. Drag the widget onto the page, leave it in it's default state.
    Now, do what you were doing (this is the part I don't know, are you losing it in the design mode by using the scrubber? Or in the preview in browser where you are changing the browser size manually).
    Does the widget in it's default state do the same thing? If not, you may have something else on the page or your set up that could cause a problem. If it does, could you share more of what it looks like, ie: screen shots ect.
    Thanks, this would really help.
    Dj

3. pwb

pwb Member

Hi Dj,

Thank you for the quick reply! In design mode, the scrubber works fine everything does what it should. I have attached an image to explain the rest: In preview mode (browser - safari/chrome) the site loads up fine(left image), the widgets works properly but after resizing the browser to a new breakpoint (let's say 960) my content seems to disappear (middle image), if I delete the widget from the page and re-test the resizing works fine and all the other widgets do as well (right image) but I have no pushy panes. (before I updated to the most recent build of Adobe Muse Pushy Panes worked fine with the other widgets) Hope this helps. Thanks!

4. DjHerold

pwb, have you tried using 'just' the widget as I suggested in the first post? It really helps to know if it works by itself, and/or if other things are interfering.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. pwb

pwb Member

Dj - yes, I have tried the widget in a new blank page, same results: once the browser window is scaled to a breakpoint (from 1600 to 960) the widget and all other content on the page vanishes, only the browser fill color remains. Some additional info, if I test the page with my browser already scaled to a breakpoint (let's say 960) the widget and page loads fine, if I expand the browser to a larger breakpoint (1600) my content and widget disappear.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  6. DjHerold

pwb, I'm not sure why this is happening to you. I can open a new site, place the widget on the page anywhere. With or without break points I can Preview in browser, and no matter what size I shrink the browser to, everything works fine. And that's with the new 1.0 version.
    You could try the old legacy version. If you don't have it in your library anymore, it's in the Legacy folder in the bundled download file.
    Not sure if that would make a difference, I don't think they are fundamentally different.
    If that fails, and if you would like, I can give you an e mail where you could send me your test file to look at.
    Let me know, thanks
    Dj

7. pwb

pwb Member

Dj - yes I have tested it with the legacy version. Same results. An email would be great. I can send you the test file. Thank you for your help.

8. DjHerold

Sending you a Private Message, and will post results here for others if a solution is found.
    Dj

9. zhapes

zhapes Member

Hi could you fix errors ?

10. pwb

pwb Member

Hi zhapes, no unfortunately I'm still having the issue, I tested a few other widgets that worked in the "preview in browser" but then when I actually published the site the widgets didn't publish (parallax backgrounds, and versa slide), which worked properly before I converted the site to a responsive layout.

11. zhapes

zhapes Member

Oh mean i need this widget :/

12. zhapes

zhapes Member

when will be able to provide a solution to these errors are assumed to have been updated widget responsive and almost all fail

13. pwb

pwb Member

Yeah same here, I'm noticing most MT widgets are failing responsive test or not uploading on publish. Hopefully these bugs get worked out soon.

14. DjHerold

All, I would love to give you a time frame, but at this time I only know they are working on this widget.
    I would ask that you place a support ticket (support>contact) and supply them with any feedback/information you can.
    This could help getting you a response quicker.
    As always, if I hear anything, I will pass it along.
    Dj

15. pwb

pwb Member

Thanks Dj. I'll fill out a support ticket and give them what I can to help.

16. Barry Johnston

Barry Johnston New Member

I'm having the same issue!

17. DjHerold

All, please do not leave further posts on this issue here. When this issue is resolved we will let everyone know.

In the mean time, if you are experiencing this same issue, please place a support ticket (support>contact us), with your supporting information and the team will look at this as they work through this issue.
    Thanks
    Dj