Solved Google maps widget: Testversion to Google cloud?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Janne, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I just downloaded your new Google maps widget in order to replace the build-in Muse widget for my client. I watched your tutorial, but when I want to to get my API key I have to give in my credit card data and the button says test-version. So I´m wondering what that means, cause in your video this didn´t show up.

Do I have to pay for the service after a specific time?

Thx for enlightening me,
    Janne

2. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Solved it myself. Googled how to get an API for Google maps. There are tutorials out there that show you how. You don´t need to use Google Cloud for this widget!! So if you aren´t a Google cloud member you definitely should´t use the "Aquire API key" button in your widget!! Just get your API key the normal way and insert it in the top field.

I think you should make this clear in your video, cause it´s very disturbing! Cause when I understood this correctly, Google Cloud is free only for one year and then you have to pay. Who wants this??

Not amused,
    Janne

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, to my knowledge you do not need a Google Cloud Acct., just a Google account (which is free).
    Ofcourse, you can use your method also, but either way, I do not see where you would need to pay for the Maps portion.
    Thanks
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.