Google analytics

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Ian Lynagh, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Ian Lynagh

Ian Lynagh New Member

My Muse site has had google analytics added to it for obvious reasons. But obviously If I update the site or make amends by uploading I'll lose the code. Does anyone know how to download/sync the published files to your local ones.

If not then it would be better to download the files from the server using FTP and replace your local files with these. Then update these locally before publishing. Please help!

2. Sean Malloy

Sean Malloy Member

Use a widget to embed your Analytics ID. you can keep uploading and it won't affect it as long as the widget is there. Same thing with rich snippets, etc. I think you can maybe even get a code snippet from Google for analytics and apply it using the "insert HTML" feature as far as I know.. As far as downloading/syncing published files to local ones, the only way I know of is via programs like Dreamweaver.
    With Muse, as long as you are applying outside code via "insert HTML" or through a specific widget, you are set no matter what. It will remain there as long as you do not remove it. The only thing you need to keep in "sync" within Muse related to your "local" files would be assets such as images or other items you have placed in your Muse project from your computer. If you place these files in Muse from your computer or hard drive and then delete them off of your computer or hard drive, Muse will let you know the files need to be re-linked in the (Assets) panel. Also you can choose to "Add files for upload" in Muse which will upload these "local" files directly to the server.

Steve Harris likes this.
  3. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

You can add the tracking code to the <head> in "Page Properties" on the Master page and it will always be there when you upload the website.