Going to have to get a widget from somewhere else....

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Alan, May 4, 2016.

1. Alan

Alan Active Member

Seems a real mix up with the Musethemes Show widget ....
    You can't use the gallery if you are a Vimeo Pro user, quite a few of us I suspect...
    Using the Full Frame video part of the widget is fine, the URL you have to enter is copied from the Video File tab of settings in Vimeo, it starts https://player.vimeo.com/external ... but to use the gallery you need to enter just the 8 digit Vimeo code ..... but because all pro users accounts are set to private by default, that 8 digit code doesn't allow you in ....
    real pain in the *!%!

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

How could we fix this for you Alan? Is it a simple panel adjustment, or something deeper required? Just trying to understand your request.

3. Alan

Alan Active Member

HI Steve... the problem seems to be that as a Vimeo pro user all of my videos are private by default... If I give someone the Vimeo ID like this I suspect you won't be able to view it, so inputting 165264574 into your dialogue box effectively does the same .... weirdly the full frame version of this widget asks for a different, longer URL which works fine .... I can't simply turn the privacy on and off on my videos I have to do it for all (I have 600 videos on Vimeo) .. I've seen others who have a similar problem ... would it not be possible to have the Gallery section work off of the same longer URL?

4. Alan

Alan Active Member

How do I attach an image ? I'd like to attach a screen grab of when I insert the 9 digit code into the Video 1 Vimeo set up box

5. Alan

Alan Active Member

ah ! found the upload a file button screen shot 3.jpg