Gallery Links

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Kara, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara

Kara New Member

Is there a way, when one of the portfolio images is selected, to hyperlink it to a website? This widget is perfect for sorting projects. It would be great if I wanted to feature the front page of a website, that the viewer could click on it (or a piece of text) that would launch the site in a new window.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Kara, welcome, and yes, in version 11.5 we implemented the ability to add links to the gallery images.
    You can link to an external page, another page in your site or an Anchor (in a single page long scrolling style page,.
    For external, use the URL, for another page in your same site use your page name and add .html.
    To go to an anchor place a # in from of your anchors name.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Kara

Kara New Member

This makes me SO happy! Thank for your quick reply.

4. ttown71

ttown71 Member

How do you find the link to an internal page as there's no pulldown menu?

5. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

ttown71!
    Do you mean how to create an internal link?
    Look at the screenshot:
    1. Select Use link
    Write internal page address e.g. About.html

Home.png

6. Rayzor

Rayzor New Member

Is there a way to link to a external web page and have it open in a seperate Window?

7. Jeremei

Rayzor!
    You can link image thumbnails to external sites:
    1. Open "Media Pro Gallery - Collections" (1.5) settings
    2. Open "Image Loader"
    3. Switch on "Use Link" feature
    4. Write external website URL-address to "Page Name or URL" box (it must be the entire name as http://www.google.com)
    Look at the screenshot.
    Home.png

It looks really like that there is not a feature of "Open in new window" in the widget? But you can get this feature manually if you click gallery image thumbnail on the right side of the mouse and use "Open in new window" command. :oops:

8. Rayzor

Rayzor New Member

Can I mark this as a Feature request? Also am I able to add the code manually? target="_blank"

9. Jeremei

10. Heather

Heather Member

I feel like I'm crazy, but is the linking feature not available with the update of this widget (2.0)? I can't find anywhere that would allow me to link. :(

11. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Heather, this feature was excluded from our latest versions.
    I've talked with our Lead Developer and he is going to look into why. There could be a code reason, or an issue with the version of Muse that was out at the time.
    I do know this is on our list of update feature for this widget, and if it's an easy fix, we could get something in the near future.
    Thanks for the interest.
    Dj

12. Heather

Heather Member

As always, thanks for the quick reply and the great customer service! I look forward to that feature being added! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.