Gallery Connect Widget - show more thumbs

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by IanM, Oct 2, 2017.

1. IanM

IanM Member

Hi,

The gallery is not showing all the thumbnails, how do I get a next arrow etc, to show the next grid of thumbnail images?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ian, could you tell me which gallery you are working with?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. IanM

IanM Member

Uniform Grid

4. DjHerold

Ian, I apologize, but I guess I'm not understanding what you're looking for, or trying to do.
    Could you post a a screen shot or two with what you're seeing?
    Dj

5. IanM

IanM Member

Hi DJ, it might be my description that's the problem.

I'm using the gallery connect widget. It's only showing 12 of the 29 images. I've seen other examples where there is a next and back arrow on the gallery so you can see the balance of the images. So if it's 29 images of 4 rows of 3 (12) then I would need to hit the next arrow to see more images.

What option do I use to show more images when the arrow is clicked as I don't want to show the whole 29 images in one grid all at once.

6. IanM

IanM Member

7. DjHerold

Ian, I think I know what you want, but I do not believe that this widget will do that.
    If I'm not mistaken, if you inset 29 images, you will see a grid of 29.
    It sounds like you want to load 29, but only show 12 at a time.
    You may be better off trying the Carousel Gallery Connect.
    If you have an example of a gallery you've seen, I will be more than happy to take a look and see how it's set up.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. IanM

IanM Member

As you can see from the grid gallery on this page which is from what I understand what this widget is based on seems to be able to do that. I tried adding the option shown below this grid to the options CSV but it did not work.

http://unitegallery.net/index.php?page=tilesgrid-arrows

9. IanM

IanM Member

10. DjHerold

Ian, what you are looking at is a 'coded Slider' (not for Muse), that is similar to our Gallery Connect Carousel Slider as I mentioned above.
    You are looking for a widget that is a combination of the two, and unfortunately, the Connect series doesn't have one.
    I will pass this suggestion on to our team, and see what they think.
    For now, I think you's have to set up your own using Composition widgets within compositions, to allow for multiple thumbs to slide at one time.
    Sorry
    Dj