Gallery Connect - User Feedback

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

2. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

An easy yet complicated fix is to make a quick svg graphic of the apostrophe in adobe illustrator and add it to the alt text. See this website where I added svg graphics: http://youngrealtyboston.com

Jack Koch likes this.
  3. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

Excellent! Thank you!

4. PAULINA

PAULINA New Member

GREAT GALLERY CONNECT WIDGET!
    However, there is something I'm trying to achieve...Is there a way to have the thumbnail images work as "buttons" for the lightbox gallery? Meaning, I just want four images to show on my "portfolio page" and when you click on them, each contains 4 assets. I'm attaching my spreadsheet to show what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks! Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 10.20.15 PM.png

5. wingshot

wingshot Member

Can anyone help point out why my images will load across multiple Chrome browsers but not on Safari or Safari-run devices (all iPhones)?

http://www.wingshot.design/about-wingshot-design.html

My images are being hosted in Google Drive via the linked spreadsheet. It seems like a random preset or possibly a limitation of using Drive to host the images? Has anyone experienced similar?

6. Jack Koch

Jack Koch Member

I am having some trouble with my gallery connect page: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~kochja/photography

When the page loads, there are no scrollbars and you cannot scroll. When you resize the browser window, the scrollbar appears. I have tried clearing my browsers cache and I have tried a different browser. Any thoughts?

7. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Jack!
    This issue has excisted a quite long time and I am wondering why this has not been fixed? Jack, I recommend you to send a support ticket to MT eventhough I assume that there is a little issue in the code which needs fixing? :oops:

8. TGray

TGray New Member

Had the same problem. The fix I found which may help you until this can be permanently resolved, is within Muse, go the Page Properties for the page with Gallery Connect on it. Under the Options Tab in Page Properties, change Browser Scrollbars Vertical from Automatic to Always. This fixed the problem for me for now. Hope this helps.

9. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@Steve Harris
    @DjHerold

Hey guys...hope you are having a good month of June so far.!

I am trying to create a zoomed in hover effect with the gallery connect on this page: http://baa2017.businesscatalyst.com/academic-facilities.html

I want it to function similar to your new Media Pro Gallery 2.0 widget I am testing here: http://baa2017.businesscatalyst.com/civic-and-municipal.html

But on the Media Pro 2.0 widget you can not link to a separate web page yet. I would love for that to be added to the new Media Pro 2.0 widget but if you can not...what CSS code can I add to make the Gallery Connect Hover Zoom?

Thank you in advance!

10. Skline

Skline Member

I'm having issues with certain thumbnails not showing up... I can't find a reason or a pattern. I produce them all at the same size through the same process... import into photoshop, crop, export as png, upload via muse to a Business Catalyst hosting account.
    I've quadruple checked the uploads through Dreamweaver sFTP, and the files are there, and the names match the spreadsheet perfectly, but I'm still getting 404 errors...

Here's the page: http://www.alaskansknowclimatechange.com/videos.html

Any insight into why these thumbnails aren't showing up would be great.

11. willtsv

willtsv Member

2 slides missing on Gallery 4 - right hand end of 1st line and 2nd line - down in Australia :) - iMAC 27 macOS10.13.3 Chrome Canary, Safari and Firefox and also iPhone X - showing 4 Galleries

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  12. Skline

Skline Member

Thanks for taking the time to check, willstv. Good to know they at least work part of the time.
    Still not downloading on my end... but maybe it's just a fluke.

13. willtsv

willtsv Member

I went back to check - and made the edit above that 2 were now missing - definitely odd - I use a few galleries on one of my sites and am not having any issues https://cbsbuildinggroup.com - Main page and on ACP and CBS

14. Skline

Skline Member

I got mine down to only one being missing, but can't really figure out what is special about that one...

15. willtsv

willtsv Member

On Gallery 4 the row 1 right end one is consistently missing now but Row 2 is OK - Something you may care to have a look at is the Videos Tag in the top-left corner It seems to be pinned to top of page - no big deal on standard browsing but reduce the screen width and it is over the video thumbnails on the left

16. Skline

Skline Member

Actually, I got it... user error. I had accidentally saved that one out as a .jpg instead of a .png, and hadn't reflected that in the spreadsheet.

17. Skline

Skline Member

Thanks, you're right. I remember experimenting with that, but probably forgot to check at smaller screen sizes (also on a 27" iMac)

18. willtsv

willtsv Member

I've been caught with that too :)

19. shurford

shurford New Member

Loving this Gallery Connect widget, so far only one requirement is escaping me, perhaps though it's not achievable...

I'm trying to show an animated HTML5 'banner' in the gallery lightbox - I'm just using a simple jpg for the gallery grid page, so that's fine. The problem I guess is that an animated HTML5 banner is actually a collection of an html file that references a couple of .js and .jpg files (in the same directory as the .html file.

If I put the url for the html file in the spreadsheet 'url' column, with 'html5video' selected in the 'media_type' column, then I'm just getting a spinning ring on the lightbox.

So I suspect the functionality for including HTML is not available for the widget, otherwise there'd be a 'code' option or similar in the 'media_type' selector.

Thanks in advance for any direction, confirmation or other input.

20. Dave Hammond

Dave Hammond New Member

New to Gallery Connect and can't get past the first hurdle :-( I've followed all the steps in the tutorials, published my content and presets to Google, entered the keys in the widget etc., but when I try yo preview in the browser (Chrome) it always defaults to the Muse-Themes original content preset. The same thing happens when I click on the content preset link at the foot of the widget. What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated, I can totally see the great potential of this work! UPDATE _ I have got it to work on the plain grid version!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.