Gallery Connect - User Feedback

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Ritchie - sorry for not getting back to you sooner! Mind sending this in to our support team to have a look at? They are just better equipped to diagnose the issue for you, maybe they have seen this before (maybe something to do with using multiple galleries). If possible please include the website link (a BC temp site link is just fine) so they can give it a try on their end. You can get in touch with them at support@musethemes.com. Thanks!

2. escott1981

escott1981 Member

Hello,
    I just started using Gallery Connect for my portfolio website yesterday. So far I like it a lot! I find it pretty easy to use except for a few problems.

1. I looked at every post on this thread, and I noticed you released updates, the last one you said was v3 but when I downloaded the file, it said (1.0) on it, and it says the same in Muse. Did you all just simply forget to change that on the update or am I misunderstanding something or what?

2. I want to have a nested gallery, like a gallery within each lightbox. So I could say these images are from this project or category. I want it so I can click on an image labeled Logos (for example) and all my logos pop up. Is this possible using this widget? I've been trying to do this for months but haven't found a smooth and responsive solution (I'm not great with Muse, Illustrator and Photoshop are more my thing).

3. Lastly, I am unable to change any formatting of the text in the lightbox that pops up upon clicking. I changed every color in the "Styling" panel to a non-white color, mainly just to see what's what. But the text inside the lightbox stayed white! Yes, I did try saving, reloading, exiting, relaunching and all that stuff with no solutions. What am I doing wrong?

Those are the only problems I'm having right now (I'm sure more will pop up later). Thank you so much for making such awesome products! You all make my life a little easier. I look forward to reading your reply.

Thanks for your time,

Eric

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Eric, I'm going to leave the answering of the "Nested" images to our experts, but I just wanted to chime in on the V3 question your had.
    When we first showcased this widget it was still in Beta, and before going official (version 1.0), our users were allowed to preview and request changes.
    It resulted in the beta going to V3 before the official release.
    Dj

4. escott1981

escott1981 Member

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. So I guess I have the latest version. That's good to know! :)

5. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Steve can you send me a couple lines of style CSS code to make the arrows larger? Arrows have shadows?

I would also like different navigation dots that are not blurry on retina screens...the unite gallery dots are no bueno!

Maybe a third CSS style to make the widget 100% full screen?

6. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@Steve Harris

Hey Steve,

I know you guys get a ton of forum comments and can not reply back to all of them but I am actually glad you did not reply back to my last few requests.

It made me really try to figure out how do my requests on my own and I really got it right!

Check out my home page: http://tro-design.com/ and all of my portfolio projects: http://tro-design.com/portfolio.html that are using the Gallery Connect Slider.

TRO Homepage.png

I figured out some CSS and changed the arrows to custom svg's, changed the dots to custom svg's, and even moved the text panel block up so the bullets are clickable (note to other members...alt_text and desc_text block nav bullets when both are on the bottom).

The images and text are also both active hyperlinks on my home page which is nice as well. I do have a few more things that I would like to be able to do such as add a third line of text after alt_text and desc_text that can say [Learn More] or [Read More] and have a box around it like this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 12.04.28 PM.png

But I am happy with how this widget is working out!

Thanks again for making this a possibility with Adobe Muse!

7. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Hehe...might have spoke too soon about the links for alt_text and desc_text...they seem to work fine on the Desktop but when I just tried the website on my iPhone I got this:

iphone.png

Weird how the hyperlink text styles work on the desktop but not on iPhone.

8. Steve Harris

Hey Jesse! That's great news. Apologies we didn't get back to you... we just saw all your potential and wanted to help you grow professionally (jk jk).

This is awesome news though, and it's very true – probably 80% of the support / feature requests we get can actually be accomplished through a little bit of simple CSS or custom code. Maybe we'll publish a directory of code snippets that users can implement to push our widgets beyond their capabilities...!

We should get you more involved in helping us test. We're always impressed at what you can do with our widgets... let me know if that might interest you.

Cheers
    SH

9. Steve Harris

Hmmmm. Doesn't make a lot of sense, the classes should be the same for both mobile / desktop. Do you think it's an OS level thing? Sometimes iphones try to help highlight links / phone numbers in weird ways. Just throwing out ideas... If that's the case we might be able to override it. I can't replicate that blue style in Google Resizer, which also points to iOS involvement?

10. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,

I removed it immediately after I saw that. I will create a dummy no index page and send you the link so you can test it. I am sure it can be override but it does seem like an iOS phone link bug. It happened on both Chrome and Safari but both are built on Apple's WebKit.

Edit: Fixed! I realized after typing this first response that i didn't set the Text Link Style for each breakpoint of the connect widget.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  11. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@Steve Harris

Hi Steve...I would love to get more involved with Muse-Themes and be a alpha/beta tester.

Send me a private message so we can figure out the next steps etc.

Have a great night!

12. Sidders

Sidders Member

Guys I've been through most pages but can't find anything regarding the change from landscape images on a desktop to portrait on a phone. If you set the gallery to be 500px in height it works great on desktop but by the time you get to a breakpoint of 400 or less you have lost most of the image as it becomes portrait. Am I missing something in the setup? It seems as though you can only have a single height for the gallery?

The gallery is here but this is a static site im converting to responsive: http://www.flatsbag.com/

13. Micaela

Micaela New Member

I love the widget - Gallery connect - but I have also the ugly empty space under the Gallery then the site is loaded. If I resize the window, the empty space is gone. How can I fix this Problem? ... and in Chrome Browser is no scrollbar (vertical) - then i resize window, the scrollbar is here. Thank you for your help! (I downloaded the widget yesterday, so I hope, I have the latest Version).
    Micaela

14. Micaela

Micaela New Member

Here is a link to the Gallery:
    http://gastein.businesscatalyst.com/galerie.html

15. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Is there any way I can simply import a Google Album into Gallery connect?
    This would allow me or my client to bulk upload and organize pics first and easily...the sheet is not client or time friendly.

Thanks, Marian

16. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi @ciao Marian

At this time, it's not possible. But that's a great suggestion. I've added to our upgrade list for the widget. We'll see if it's doable!

Cheers,

17. Asif

Asif Member

Hi Muse Team,

Thanks for the wonderful widget, Just have a small query. In Uniform Gallery I have more than 200 thumbnails which take time to load and some time hang the gallery also. Is there any way that the thumbnails will load on cluster basis like it will load only first which is visible in the screen and as you scroll down it will load more...

Best regards,
    Asif Lakhani

18. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Asif, this is a question that might be better answered by the support team (resources>contact us).
    Placing a ticket is the best idea with a question like this. The developers pop in here on a every now and then basis and this is something they will have to answer.
    Thanks
    Dj

19. Asif

Asif Member

Hi Muse Team,

Thanks for the wonderful widget, Just have a small query. In Uniform Gallery I have more than 200 thumbnails which take time to load and some time hang the gallery also. Is there any way that the thumbnails will load on cluster basis like it will load only first which is visible in the screen and as you scroll down it will load more...

Best regards,
    Asif Lakhani

Thank you DjHerold, for the quick response.

I have one more query if you can help me on that. The Slider simple gallery connect is not working responsive on vertical basis, just like it's working on this webiste: http://tro-design.com/
    Can you please help me out, how can i fix this. Enclosed is the snapshot.

Best regards,

Attached Files:

20. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Change your width from 100% to 3200. And change your height to 1800

The ratio is 16:9 which is what all HD tv ratios are.

You can adjust the height ratio to be shorter by changing the 1800 to 1200 or 16:6.

After this there are more advanced things you can do to get 100% height and 100% width just for your desktop breaks but it's not easy and requires a lot of groupings in a certain order to work properly as well as a couple separate connect widgets.

Let me know how it goes.