Gallery Connect - User Feedback

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UJoel

UJoel Member

That worked. Thanks!

2. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hi there me again,

Untill now everything works fine except that i'm not very fond of imgsafe.org cause it seems that there no option to delete images and makes it very difficult over time. I have tried imgur.com but when i copy their links to my images, the images don't get pulled in on the site.

Anyone any suggestions?

Kind regards,
    Richard

3. razah

razah Active Member

Why don't you use your FTP server? The HTTP-links work just fine for it. Sometimes you have to exchange your ftp domain name with your real domain you ve bought. For example: If your FTP Link says www.4f3tgadfw.host/images/image1.jpg...... you have to find and replace this phrase with your normal domain like www.Ritchieb.com/images/image1.jpg. But this may differ from your domain or host settings. Just try it out!

Cheers!

4. razah

razah Active Member

Double check if you have the JPG render setting to Progressive not baseline. This decreases your loading times even more!

Cheers!

5. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hi Razah,

first of all thanks for replying to my message. But isn't the idea of this widget having an easy way for clients to place images on a website made by you? My clients don't have any idea of what a ftp server is. And if it was for myself then i don't need this widget at all... why doing it on a more cumbersome way if you can place images in Muse itself?

And i don't want to give my clients any access to the ftp server cause i don't want to have them accidentally delete or change stuff.
    Maybe there is a way of having a password protected directory? Is that what you mean? But then my clients will have to work with an ftp client... I really don't think this all makes it very client-friendly.

I am very curious about your or somebody else's light on this

Thanks
    Richard

6. razah

razah Active Member

Hey Richard,

mhhh, I definitely see your point. But on the one hand if your client can handle CSV-Files, adding their images, they are on the other hand able to open a freeware preconfigured ftp-program, drag and drop their photos into a folder and copy & paste the HTTP links. It is not that hard, isn't it?
    But I definitly see the problem. Maybe you have to ask yourself: Is Muse or this widget what you are looking for... yet. Lets face it: The way Adobe has made the widgets work is just horrible. The widgets should be more integrated into the program itself. This would make the use of customizable content so much easier. Its not only a problem of the developers of Muse-Themes. Its just the way Adobe designed the way this things work. We are still not at the point where Muse can be called a simple, fast and elegant program to build websites like photoshop is for image editing. But this is just a matter of 1 or 2 years of development, i hope... Fingers crossed!

Stay brave.
    Raphael

7. HDV

HDV Member

Hi Team! I'm new to Muse and new to museTHEMES but I love this widget, and it looks great on my website.
    I have two questions to make it perfect. (1) Is there a way to disable zooming function (on images) on lightbox? (2) The thumbnails don't keep their orders of img_id. Also, sometimes there are large blank spaces between thumbnails as if there are missing thumbnails. (It actually is a blank space and there is no missing thumbnail.) You can see it here http://hawaiidronevideos.com/gallery.html
    Any fix?

Thank you,
    Ellie

8. razah

razah Active Member

Hey!
    I recommend reading the other post in this thread. A lot of questions already has been asked and you can learn more about how the widget works.

Both settings are available in the csv setting. To keep the order just insert "keep" into the image appearance order tag.
    Zooming can be disabled in a Tag too. Just have a look!

Cheers

9. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@Steve Harris @Brandon @DjHerold

The Connect Gallery is not utilizing the responsive height behavior found in the Unite Gallery:

Here: http://wp.unitegallery.net/slider-theme/

Or Here: http://unitegallery.net/index.php?page=slider-example

When you change the browser width on both of these demos for the default layout...the widget responds correctly.

On the Gallery Connect versions....the height stays the same (which is wrong) but the width responds accordingly.

The only version that works properly on the Gallery Connect version is the compact slider but I can't seem to get that version to work past 900px x 490px.

Please advise.

I do apologize if I may have missed this conversation somewhere else.

10. HDV

HDV Member

Hi razah,
    Than you for your reply! And I'm sorry I missed those posts.
    I tried to change the csv setting following your suggestion but unfortunately it still doesn't work. There are only two presets for image appearance order that are "normal" and "shuffle". Mine says normal, which I believe to keep the order but they don't. The thumbnails appear at random, and I also get large white gaps between thumbnails.

I still couldn't find a post about disabling the zoom function. I'd appreciate it if you could explain how I can accomplish it.

Thank you,
    Ellie

11. HDV

HDV Member

As I was going through the setting file myself, I found "lightbox_slider_control_zoom". I changed from 1 to 0 and the zooming function is now disabled! Thanks!

Ellie

12. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Thanks for your message and yes i sometimes i don't get what i want in Muse even though i sometimes think it is just basic stuff what i want to accomplish but i'm not a coder so where else to turn to then Muse? hehehe

And about a freeware preconfigured ftp-program. I'm gonna search for a free ftp-program and i hope I find one which i can preconfigure. If you know any, please feel free to tell me... ;-)
    But thanks for your help sofar

Richard

13. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

For anyone here who doesn't want to use a ftp program for their clients: i have found a great free image service in which you can even upload your image at full resolution but has also the ability to upload it in a thumbnail size. Plus you can delete, rename your files so it will be recognisable for your clients with which images he is working in the spreadsheet. Give it a go : https://postimg.org

HDV likes this.
  14. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Any update on this? @Steve Harris @Brandon @DjHerold

15. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

Hello Jesse,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm looking into this issue now. Unite has built-in handling of the height via the script to preserve the ratio of the gallery item automatically if enabled (which it is enabled by default) and we are not overriding this in the widget. Even though the settings are identical between the raw unite gallery implementation, and our widget implementation, for some reason that height recalculation isn't firing. I'm not sure if its due to the structural differences of the page within Muse or if there is some other factor, but I'm working on hunting this problem down and will update you as soon as I figure out what's going on.

16. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Maybe you can look at the compact slider and see why that one resizes properly unlike the rest of them.

Good luck!

17. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

One last thing...I have not upgraded to 2017 muse yet...have you tried it on that?

18. Arifin

Arifin Administrator Staff Member

Hello Jesse,

After playing with several settings, we found that to make the height responsive as well, we need to set the gallery_width option to the certain width (in pixel) instead of 100%. You may set it to the maximum width we want the gallery to appear, for example: 920. The gallery will still be responsive with the fixed value. I attach the screenshot below:

gallery_width_2016-11-10_18-51-21.jpg

Attached Files:

Steve Harris likes this.
  19. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

This is working so far! Excellent. I am using 3000px width and 1800px height...this should cover almost every screen.

I do have a follow up question about getting a certain Bold font in the description text.

@Steve Harris helped me with a similar issue earlier so I am copying him.

I am using Avenir (which uses '__Avenir LT Std_5' for the Font Family.

I am having trouble getting the title or description text to be bold.

This code is not working:

<style>
    .ug-textpanel-description {
    font-weight: 700;
    }
    </style>

Please advise.

Here is the test page: http://tro-design.com/career-center-copy.php

Here is the real page without the connect widget: http://tro-design.com/career-center.php

20. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Try throwing an !important declaration on there - looks like this:

<style>
    .ug-textpanel-title {
    font-weight: 700 !important;
    }
    </style>

I tried it on the career center page above and it looks good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.