Gallery Connect - User Feedback

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UJoel

UJoel Member

Hey Brandon
    I figured out why the order wasn't being kept. The option "theme_appearance_order" needs to be "keep". This will then holder the "img_id" in order.

Thanks

HDV, razah and Steve Harris like this.
  2. razah

razah Active Member

Thank you so much for the update. Really appreciate it. The custom thumbnails make this gallery so fast!

It would be great to change the background color of the fullscreen slideshow at Uniform Grid.

In addition to that custom arrows or arrow thickness for this fullscreen slideshow would be awesome too.

Thank you so much for you work!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for your reply and help... but i already skipped this and i'm unfortunately too busy right now to follow your explanation but i will do so in due time and will let you know by then if it works. But Thanks again.

Richard

4. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Thanks Brandon,

I know it is still in the development stage so we'll have to wait and see.

Keep up the good work
    Richard

5. razah

razah Active Member

So I did misunderstand the tag theme_appearance_order. I thought it would dice the order of the images everytime it loads the grid.
    It would be great tu shuffle the images on every pageload!

P.S.: Why does the "Centered" captions in the Uniform Grid Slideshow has the strange behavior to be on the left side?

Cheers!
    R

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  6. Rumbo

Rumbo Member

Thanks for the update, this is working fine!

Another question now. When I create a gallery with images at different aspect ratios (like 400x200, 300x200, 200x200 etc.) I get a jumbled up grid in the Uniform Grid gallery because it generates the gallery from the columns.

Is it possible to set a height for tiles there so that I get clean rows instead of colums?

I have also tried the Mosaic Grid gallery which works just fine with set width and height of the tiles. When I set a square like 200x200 those images that were close to that aspect ratio show full, others that are 300x200 for example are kinda zoomed and cropped to fit the tile size. Is it possible to make the thumbnail image fit the tile? (I create a product overview with product contents on white background).

I have looked at the options the UniteGallery site offers, but I haven't found.

The only solution so far is to make all my images square, but this is quite a work with over 600 images. I do use batch scripts, but the best solution is if I could just use the original sizes.

7. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hi Guys,

another thing i don't seem to get to work. I'm trying to have a one column on mobile. Now, whichever column width i use, on each horizontal line i get two images displayed next to each other. That makes it very tiny to watch so therefore i would be awesome to have all the images shown each on a seperate line on my smallest breakpoint.

Thanks a lot already

Richard

8. Rumbo

Rumbo Member

I just tried out and this works for me here:

Set "tiles_min_column" to 1 and set "gallery_min_width" to your smallest breakpoint.

9. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Thanks for your fast answer Rumbo but unfortunately i still don't get it to work... And i did all you said.

10. razah

razah Active Member

Feature request: Maybe it is possible to combine the "Use tile as link" and slideshow feature. Some could open a fullscreen slideshow but some will link to a new page with a series of images.

I have a big white scrollable space right next to the gallery. Does anyone has the same issue? I am using the Gallery Connect Widget in combination with Pushy Panes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  11. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi @Rumbo,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you would like all of your thumbnails to honor the actual aspect ratios of the images? I do see that you've tried the Mosaic Gallery, but that sounds like the gallery you would need. It is designed to take any number of images, regardless of shape, then form a tiled "mosaic" grid gallery. You can see what it does in the attached image:

Attached Files:

12. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

Hey Guys,

I have a general question which popped into mind. You now have several connect widgets. Does that mean that this replaces Agent?

Best,
    Richard

13. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

[QUOTE="Ritchieb, post: 8392, member: 786"You now have several connect widgets. Does that mean that this replaces Agent?
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey Richard,

No, these aren't a replacement for Agent. Please see this article, specifically the "Final Thoughts" for more info regarding Agent:

Thanks,

14. Clyvingston

Clyvingston New Member

Hi guys. I agree with everyone that this is a great widget. However, I have ran into a little problem of late concerning Safari. Since the Safari update to 10.0.1 the widget does not display correctly in the browser. For example if the browser width is 1366px the "simple gallery" portion of the widget would only display 340px to the left hand side of the browser. The only way to get it back to 1366px size would be to click the full screen button and then back again. Everything works fine on Firefox and Chrome. Any ideas?

Also the (') apostrophe character in the description box erases all words that follows it. This happened in Beta v2 so I'm not sure if this is still true for Beta v3. Thanks again for a great widget.

15. Rumbo

Rumbo Member

The example is working fine for me, but that is not my idea. See the attached image. It should generate square tiles and "fill" them my images, centered into the square. This looks bad with full-size images at different aspect ratios, but as soon as you use product shots on white background images you won't notice, other than a clean "row" setup for the images. What I have to do now is go and fix all product images I have here to expend the aspect ratio to square and fill the new space with white background.

This is most probably not possible, however I thougt I would ask since it would help me very much :)

Attached Files:

16. UJoel

UJoel Member

17. razah

razah Active Member

Hello UJoel! There is a setting in the CSV File that says "Gallery_widh". Just type 100% in there, and set the gallery widget to 100% width in Muse and youre good to go! :)

18. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

I have it working here: richardmandelkorn.com

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    razah likes this.
  19. razah

razah Active Member

Hey, Jesse! Great way to use Gallery Connect as a responsive scrolling 100% width gallery. It looks really fancy. I would consider shrinking down the file size of your images (Use Photoshop Save to Web) to optimize the loading times. :)

Cheers!

20. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Thank you. I am actually using lightroom to export various image sizes and am using an FTP plugin to load directly to his FTP. See attached image: [​IMG]

This is also for a high end photographer and wants high quality photos. The thumbnails are under 150k and the images are under 400k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.