Gallery Connect - Slider Simple

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Mick Kenyon, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

I am not sure if it is just me but I can't get this widget to be responsive, I have tried with both fluid and fixed BP's. I was hoping it would react the same as the 'cinch' widget re-sizing. Is it just me or is there a bug? Thanks in advance

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Mick!
    If you are using the latest Gallery Connect Version 1.0 it should work normally responsively. At least it works in my computer. :rolleyes:

3. Mick Kenyon

Hi Jeremei
    Yes using the Connect version 1, the other galleries in the widget seem to work okay it's just the 'slider simple' that is failing for me. Do you have an example you could share of a successful gallery? Thanks

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Mick!
    I made "Simple Slider" testing in very easy way:
    1. I set fluid breakpoints 1200, 960, 768, 480 and 320 pixels
    2. I downloaded "Content Template - Gallery Connect by MuseThemes.com - items" CSV-sheet and "Simple Slider Settings - Gallery Connect by MuseThemes.com - slider-theme-preset" CSV-sheet to Numbers (I have Mac) and after that I exported them as CSV-format to my desktop file
    3. After that I changed "Gallery Connect - Simple Slider (1.0)" widget settings - CSV Source to "Local CSV File"
    4. After that I added from Numbers imported CSV-sheets to "Local CSV File - Content" and "Local CSV File - Presets"
    (Look at the screenshot)
    Kuvakaappaus_24_2_2017_15_27.png

Here is the link to temporary BC testing site http://simple-slider-test.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

5. Mick Kenyon

Hi Jeremei
    Thanks for sharing that, it's very much appreciated.
    You get the same results as me and I wouldn't really call it 'truly' responsive. If you compare the result to a 'cinch' slideshow where both the height and the width respond thus making the original image be fully visible. With the Simple Slider the height does not respond and thus the width gives a cropped (centralised view). I guess it's just not what I was expecting or hoping for. Cinch would be ideal if it wasn't for its SEO failings.