Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Gallery Connect Simple Slider formatting options???

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Roy, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Roy

Roy Member

Is it possible to change the font type, size, and color? Or modify the text positioning in the text panel, i.e., centered horizontally, instead of left justified? Is it possible to change the vertical positioning of the text panel from the bottom to middle or top?

In addition, is it possible to change the arrow colours and or size? White arrows don't show with images that have white backgrounds.

In an early forum post, Antonio asked a similar question and was told by Brandon "All of the color settings are in the widget option panel in Muse. 'The arrows are linked to the "Menu Item With URL Color" and "Menu Item Without URL Color" settings.' and that "Just an update: we added a new parameter to the menu options that allows you to choose arrow colors independently of the menu text color. Just download v1.3 for the update." The download link is directed to the Sidebar Connect page???? And there are no stated options in the Widget Option Panel??? What am I missing?

There doesn't appear to be any options related to the above in the Simple Slider Setting CSV file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Roy

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roy, you should be able to change the font items in the 'Styling' area of the widget controller. I just tried it and had no issues.
    The arows at this time are not changeable, but is on the feature list for another update.
    The Text box can be adjusted in the presets CSV file.
    Use the 'slider_textpanel_padding_left' for moving the text toward the center, and the 'slider_textpanel_padding_bottom', to move the text towards the top.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Roy

Roy Member

Thank you for the reply DJ.
    I can change the font, size, and color in the Styling area of the widget controller, but with a larger font size the Title text line overlaps as it drops down a line as the site responsively shrinks in the browser. The same thing happens with the Description text. There doesn't appear to be any means of changing the leading settings. Using the 'slider_textpanel_padding_left' to move the text toward the center only shifts the left text's margin causing this to happen sooner.

If a web site is responsive and the contents are centered having the Slider Panel text centered rather than left justified simply looks better. Am I going to be forced to use multiple Gallery Connect Widgets at different break points with each with a different set of CSV files to address the text flow issues?

Thanks again,

Roy

4. DjHerold

Roy, you may want to place a support ticket and let the team look at your file.
    Dj

5. Roy

Roy Member

Thanks DJ,

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck submitting a support ticket for other issues. I forward the requested files and never hear back from anyone. It's disappointing really.

Thanks again,

Roy

6. DjHerold

Roy, if you can give me anything that I can follow up for you, I will be more than happy to.
    We do not want to disregard any support tickets.
    Dj