Gallery Connect - Show by most recent

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Kareem, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Kareem

Kareem Member

Is there anyway this can be done or added? what would be the best workflow to add new content pretty regularly and have the new stuff appear first?

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Kareem,

Great question. The images / vids in Gallery Connect are ordered by the "img_id" column in the spreadsheet. So you would just need to modify the numbers in that column to control the ordering of the gallery.

You may also want to confirm that the "theme appearance order" settings in the CSV preset file is set to "normal" (not "random", which shuffles up the images).

Hope this helps!
    SH

Kareem likes this.
  3. Kareem

Kareem Member

Hey @Steve Harris thanks! Im totally familar with the img_ID. As a photographer i do post a lot of shots, so i was hoping to find a way to not have to move cells down; especially if i have videos mixed in there. Maybe in the future you can and a reverse order option to the preset panel?

4. Kareem

Kareem Member

Actually just learned a protip haha. Idk if a lot people know this but. use the smart-autofill feature.

1. Add addtional content at the bottom.
    2. in the img_ID column on the last entry enter a "1." Enter a "2" in the row above it.
    3. Select both of those cells and use the blue square in the bottom right hand corner of the those cells to drag all the way to the top of the column.
    4. That should allow a reverse order effect, without the need for reorganizing rows.

Screenshot 2017-04-27 19.23.09.png Screenshot 2017-04-27 19.23.21.png