Gallery Connect Not Showing Images on Safari

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Zee, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Zee

Zee New Member

PLEASE HELP,
    I have two websites with the gallery connect and images are not loading/showing on the Safari browser, on both iPhone and Desktop versions.

One of the gallery has videos as well as images. And the videos are loading but not the images.

Thank for your help.

2. aminvent

aminvent New Member

Same here. Client's website with Gallery Connect still works fine on Chrome and Firefox for Mac, Safari doesn't load Gallery Connect content. In the Safari menu, I toggled the options for "Settings for this website" but nothing loaded. Grr. We trusted that this product would work in all platforms and browsers - what do you suggest I tell my client?

3. Zee

Zee New Member

Hi there my issue is now fixed. Can I ask how are you hosting the images in the gallery?

4. aminvent

aminvent New Member

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

aminvent, I am very sorry you are experiencing issues with this widget.
    Unfortunately, it seems that with the latest Safari update, everyone is experiencing issues with images and some videos. They have changed their permissions and at this time we are not sure why.
    We have found one thing (I'm not sure if this helps, you did not state how you were hosting your images), but if you are hosting the images on DropBox, try changing the code at the end of the DropBox link from the suggested dl=1 to raw=1.
    With the dl=1 like most browsers like, Safari seems to interpret that as asking to download the image rather than display it, whereas raw=1 tells Safari to display the image.
    Hope this helps
    Let us know
    Dj

6. Zee

Zee New Member

Great so am I :) This is the fix I was given and it worked perfectly.
    When hosting the images from Dropbox, Safari wants to download the image instead of displaying it because of the 'dl=1' value at the end of each url. If the dl=1 is changed to 'raw=1' this will directly link to the image source and will not need to download the image.

I am not sure why the problem occurred in the first place considering it has been working fine until now. I can only assume that Firefox after the most recent upgrade has changed something.

Hope this fix help you too :)

7. aminvent

aminvent New Member

Thanks DjHerold! Will changing from dl=1 to raw=1 affect the site's performance in other browsers?

8. DjHerold

I'm being told No, but as always, I suggest you change a couple (after making a copy, of course) and see.
    Please report back here, and we can go from there.
    Thanks
    Dj

9. aminvent

aminvent New Member

Thanks so much for getting back to me quickly on this - it's very appreciated.

10. DjHerold

You're very welcome, glad we could help.
    Dj

11. Wollkneul

Wollkneul Member

Hi there, i host the pics on the client FTP Folder and now the whole Galley seems offline on all mobile devices, this is a big
    shit what can i do now?
    Dropbox is no Option

12. DjHerold

Wollkneul, This issue in this thread with Safari was between Safari's new changes and Dropbox's delivery.
    I haven't experienced something like yours but you might want to place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and see if our team is seeing something new.
    Dj