Gallery Connect Image Quality Issue

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Joe Santacroce, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

Hi,

Love this widget. Was up and running in no time using the Default Template. I uploaded my images to my website and just pointed the URLs to the images there. Love the look and feel.

The only issue I am having is with the quality of the images. For both Gallery mode and full_screen, I have tried different size files and I have tried Fit, Fill, and Down for both Gallery and Full screen settings. But the images are all still slightly blurred. If I open the images directly either locally or through the URL they are as sharp as can be. It is quite a noticeable difference.

Do the images need to be some exact size up front for Gallery Connect to properly handle any resizing? I have tried different sizes with everything from 1200\1400\1920\2400 for I could go full screen on my laptop and they still be sharp as can be.

As a side note, on my laptop, I cannot use a couple widgets because the parameters run down below the bottom of the start menu and there is no scroll bar to get to them. In some cases they are not usable without updating parameters I cannot get to. My laptop is also set to 1920x1080.

Thanks

2. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

Looks like I am a partial idiot. Seems I had the Thumbnails and Source images swapped in the spreadsheet. So that part is resolved.

However, when I re-upload to my website nothing changes. The Thumbs are still the main image. I even made the thumbnails in the spreadsheet point to the full size files. But after trying both a All Files then Updated Files Only, it still shows the thumbnails as the main files. (GoDaddy is the ISP).

I may have to brute force it and delete all then reload from scratch but that seems a little bogus.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Joe!

Sounds like maybe just a browser cache issue. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and viewing again? Or even using another browser to take a quick look to see the changes are there...

If that isn't the issue perhaps post a link to your site and we can look (if it's private just email support@musethemes.com and they can help).

For the panel scrolling issue, are you on a high def windows display? We've had some reports of this happening but only on those machines. Unfortunately that's a Muse source issue that Adobe needs to fix. We as widget developers can only control what's inside the panel, but not the formatting, scrolling, etc. It's all locked down by Adobe.

Cheers,
    SH

4. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

Yep, cache. Should have thought of that much earlier. Chrome... Doesn't forget much :).

Thank you very much. Working great now.