Fullscreen Thumbnail Gallery

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Lisa, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

Does
    Fullscreen Thumbnail Gallery
    work on mobile? Can the thumbnails slide with your finger push?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lisa, unfortunately, this widget was designed for Desktop use. Now, that's not to say that with responsive you might be able to get it to work in different instances, but we really only support it on desktop.
    Dj

3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Thanks, I notice I cannot get it to turn of in other breakpoints. Is this what you mean?

4. Lisa

Lisa Member

5. DjHerold

Lisa, very nice. Clever use of 'Your' glasses.
    Dj

6. Kwikwitt2001

Kwikwitt2001 Member

I did see you mentioned Muse does not support Fullscreen Thumbnail Gallery on Mobile. But it is so close to working, the only problem I see is I cannot use the thumbnails correctly, or slide them. Even clicking on one jumps you forward or backwards, almost randomly, to other thumbnails in the slide.

I am so frustrated with trying different ways to display my gallery for my photography web site. Have built 3 version now, using different widgets, and none of them are any good in my opinion. I am weary!!

What I am looking for is a widget I can use on one site for Mobile and Desktop, that has Thumbnails and Full Screen capability when you select a Thumbnail. I have a very large gallery, and growing. The other options I have tried give me only mid size hero images when selected, really nothing much larger than a large thumbnail.

If Muse has no solution are there other widgets you know of that will fill my need? This request seems so basic I have to think I am missing something here. Thanks!

7. DjHerold

Kwik, take a look at Lisa's design (her Logo's page, at all sizes). I was also able to simulate the same as she did, and it will work. Just not what we would say is functional (thumbs are really small and on Mobile, tricky to navigate).
    The downside is, (and this is one reason we didn't support this for smaller sized devices) it's not a very effective way to show your images at a lower size. Thumbnail images (especially large numbers of them) on a Mobile device isn't the optimal way to present content on Mobile (my personal opinion, for what it's worth).
    Now, having said that, this widget wasn't design to be responsive, and that's part of the issue.
    I would suggest at the Mobile size you show a hand full of your crispest examples, having them be full screen and stacked.
    Again, just my opinion, you of course, you know your viewers habits better than I.
    Good luck.
    Dj

8. Kwikwitt2001

Kwikwitt2001 Member

OK. Thanks for the advice. Maybe that is the way to go. Have a good night!

9. Kwikwitt2001

Kwikwitt2001 Member

How do I create a mobile site? Do I have to create a an entire new site and make it www.mobile.keithsframeofmind.com for example? Instead of keithsframeofmind.com?

10. DjHerold

Kwik, there is two primary ways to create a Mobile site.
    With the new Muse, you can choose between Responsive, where you create one site with different rearrangements across multiple break point (depending on your content). Responsive is a bit more difficult to design in Muse but with practice allows the device that calls up your page to determine the look and feel of it for that device.
    The other way is an Adaptive design, like Muse was originally. You would create a Mobile, template and Desktop design. They can all be the same look or completely different. Muse combines all the files and depending on which device calls up your page Muse supplies that design. All under the same domain name.
    There are pro's and cons to both.
    Hope this helps
    Dj