Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Full Screen Homepage with Scroll to main site

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Matthew, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Matthew

Matthew Member

I wonder if anyone might be able to tell me a way to get close to a design like this?

http://www.curveonline.co.uk

I am interested in the fact that when you go the site you get a full screen image that is tiled and responsive and then you scroll down to get to the main content of the site.
    Is there a way to achieve this with Muse?

2. Sidders

Sidders Member

Hi Matthew

The fact the image has a close button suggest its just an auto lightbox pop up but embedded in the site rather than an overlay. I'm not quite sure how this would work in muse as I tend to steer clear of too much lightbox stuff but you want to aim for it being pinned to the top of the page and full screen. Looks good but having just been back to the site it has remembered I closed it so is def a popup/lightbox of sorts.

Cheers

3. Matthew

Matthew Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too fussed about the close and not come back functionality. I am happy for it to permanently be at the top of the page. Its more the full screen element, which gives you a full screen image which allows you to then scroll down in to the full site. That and the scaling of the image. It seems to scale up and down really well and it is tiled so it always fills the screen.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Matthew, I think the first thing to try, would be Muse's native slideshow widget. A little while ago they added an auto light box feature. It allows you to have a light box open at a designated time (you could have it be right away). It would be a similar solution, but I'm not sure about it's responsiveness.
    I have also seen members use the auto re direct widget to show the large slash screen like your example and then it auto redirects to your main page. The only thing with that is the widget only allows for the timing of the re direct, not something that's on click or scroll.
    You could have it open to the big slash screen and then, say 5 or 10 seconds change to your main content page. Similar but a bit different.
    One other thing would be to create a large image or splash (something that would fill most screens, and probably would have to be set up across breakpoints), and just have a button auto scrolling to an anchor at the start of your content.
    Lots of ways to skin a cat in Muse.
    Dj

5. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Mathew

I have been scouring the internet for this type of functionality... i want full screen slideshow which resizes perfectly.... then scrollable content below which is only visible when you scroll and always starts just below the bottom of the browser window.

Im actually amazed that there is no clear way to do this in muse... however, and not to steal Muse Themes thunder as they produce great widgets... Qooqee have the Header Page and Other Page widgets which both achieve this.