Frost: Mobile Menu

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Janne, Mar 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Someone just informed me, that my mobile menu wasn´t collapsing after an item was chosen. I knew this and gathered that this was the known Muse problem that hadn´t been solved yet. Just to be sure – could anyone please check my site and let me know whether there is anything to be done?

www.reutergrafik.de

I used the Frost theme as a base and altered a lot. The mobile menu though was nearly left untouched ...

Thx for any feedback,
    Janne

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, it looks like it's only closing when the Menu is clicked again after changing pages.
    I suggest looking at the solution from Adobe Muse (in their Forum) about fixing the accordion menu.
    Dj

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

I did already. They say, I should use the menu widget instead. That doesn´t help me now that everything is done.
    I just sent a support ticket to the musethemes team. Perhaps they have an idea. I´ll keep you updated!

Janne

4. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

DjHerold, I consulted the Adobe Muse forum again and this is the answer I got:

"The accordion has no autoclose command, because it is no "accordion menu", therefore in some situations it may be not the adequate tool, for what you want to achieve, and it would be worthwhile, to look for a working alternative.

The standard menu has this autoclose function since Muse 2015, so in many – if not most – cases it may replace the accordion, if set up adequately."

If this is the case, I wonder why Musethemes uses the accordion widget for so many templates. Would it not be wise to exchange it with the standard menu?

Janne

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, I misunderstood your original question, I apologize. I thought you were referring to the issue the accordion has with the latest version of mobile chrome. That was the Adobe forum issue I meant.
    As to your question about why the use of that widget, basically it's a common industry choice for mobile size devices. Although I did notice we did not have the hamburger switch to an X like most should. Thereby giving a visual clue the menu needs to be closed
    If the space in the design allows, the regular menu is a good choice also, but in most designs it's too large.
    Dj

6. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Ah, no prob. But changing the hamburger menu to X is a good idea. I could implement that so it´s clear for the user. Thx for the suggestion!

Your point about the menu being too large: do you mean the top bar? I´ll experiment with it next week.

Thx for your input and have a nice weekend!
    Janne