Solved Forms thing happening

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by IanM, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IanM

IanM Member

Please see attached image of a form I've added straight from the muse widgets (Standard). As you can see the fields won't allow the text to go full width.

I have other forms on this site that don't have this issue. Don't have a clue as to what is causing it? Maybe I should just use a muse-themes form instead?

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ian, not sure what is happening for you.
    If I drop either of the stock Muse form widgets on a page, and preview in Browser, everything seems to be working fine.
    I'm going to assume you're using the latest Muse version, so could you tell a bit more on what you're setup's like?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. IanM

IanM Member

This is the website aclass-decks-pergolas.com.au and it’s the form in the footer that has the problem. I’m using the latest version of Muse on a Mac and it’s a responsive site. Please let me know if you need more info?

4. DjHerold

Ian, it looks like all your forms are the same, correct?
    The only one that seems to be an issue is the one in the footer. And this is probably on a Master page.
    I'd start there, and see what's different.
    If nothing else, maybe a cut and paste onto a space outside the footer. This could tell you if it's the form or the footer.
    Dj

5. IanM

IanM Member

Excellent suggestion DJ, I've tried your suggestion and it's only happening to forms placed in the footer? Here is a screen shot of the form placed within the Muse Interface, https://cl.ly/nTss

Any other ideas as to why this might be happening or suggestions to trouble shoot?

6. DjHerold

Ian, the first thing I'd take a look at is, if the forms that are mis behaving are only on the Master page.
    I'd try a completely stock, unaltered form (either from Muse or one of ours).
    I would also make sure the settings are the same on the Master (if that's the problem area) as those where it works.
    it really sounds like something in the design is causing this, so I'd tear it down, a piece at a time.
    If all else fails, you can let the team see your files.
    Thanks
    Dj

7. IanM

IanM Member

DJ, are any of your forms responsive?

8. DjHerold

Ian, if you are using the latest release of Muse, one of the updates was making the Native Muse widgets responsive.
    This includes the Forms widget. So, if you are starting a site from scratch, and you use one of the stock Muse forms, it will be set up as responsive.
    If you are using one of our form widgets (I believe we used the stock Muse form widget as a base on all our forms), or any form widget not from the latest versions widget, it most likely will not be responsive, But can be set to responsive very easily.
    Take a look at one of our Quick Tip videos we recently released looking at the enhancements in the 2017.1 release (where the new widgets were introduced).
    Go to https://www.muse-themes.com/pages/adobe-muse-tips, and at about the 4 min mark of the video, Steve shows how to convert the old forms to responsive.
    You can also watch Adobes video on the new forms at
    I hope this helps
    Dj