Footer not cooperating

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by xxnonamexx, Jun 24, 2016.

1. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx Well-Known Member

I am trying to set my footer to stay under the information on my page. Some pages have more information so the footer needs to move and not be sticky but fluid. What am I doing wrong. I have been messing withe the footer markers and it just won't work correctly.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

You need to set the footer only onto the A-Master Page (no other pages) and make the following, look at the screenshot.

A-sivupohja 2.png

3. xxnonamexx

Heres my issue I only have a B-master page. Should I create an A master page for Header and B for footer?

4. Jeremei

Better that Header & Footer are on the same Master Page.

5. xxnonamexx

If I place them both on the same master page how do I allow for all the text that is on that page to not run into the footer?

6. Jeremei

If you have set the footer in the correct way so content above footer will push it down.

7. xxnonamexx

I think b/c I made the pages and dropped the master on top so the text hits into the footer

8. Jeremei

You can test header & footer on the blank page how is it working. I know that it is working right if you have set footer in the correct way. After that you can copy your content and paste it on the blank page. :)

9. xxnonamexx

What I did was made my footer and header on the master as you suggested. Then I took the images text and copied it from my existing page and pasted it onto a new "Home" page and the copied information still ran over the footer.

10. Jeremei

Can you take screenshots from Master Page and from that page onto which you have pasted content that I can see settings on the pages.

11. Jeremei

Make in this way:
    1. Open a new site in Muse, you need only Home and Master pages.
    2. Open Master page.
    3. Make a reactangle about 100px height and make it browser width and color it black.
    4. Drag the rectangle down to the bottom and check that the upper blue arrow on the left side of canvas is above rectangle.
    5. Click the "Footer" check box.
    6. Go to Home page and add content onto the page.
    7. Don´t do anything else with the settings.
    What is the result?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  12. xxnonamexx

That worked the correct way. Now I need to check my existing project footer. Should my header and footer be set to browser width?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  13. Jeremei

It depences on the visuality of the layout and how the header / footer are working in different breakpoints. You must decide this question yourself. ;)