Solved FOCUS TEMPLATE / Portfolio Page / Uniform Grid Gallery

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Catheyc, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Catheyc

Catheyc Member

I have the FOCUS Template and when I preview the Uniform Grid Gallery on the Portfolio Page, it looks like the 'before.png' file.

What I want to do, is use a Local CSV file. So, I've gone through the steps to download the Google Sheet Content and Presets Templates from Google Drive. When I preview the Uniform Grid Gallery with these files, it looks like the 'after.png' file.

Does that make sense? I haven't even made any changes to the files yet, and the gallery looks smaller than what came with the template.

Obviously, the files I've downloaded from the Google Drive are the not the same ones used when the FOCUS template was created- the images aren't the same for the content file. So, is the preset file the same, or different?

Can you help me out?

Thanks,
    Cathey

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Catheyc, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are attempting to mirror the CSV file to look like the demo looks (even though the demo is using a Google spreadsheet)?
    I see that the CSV file isn't configured like the demo (or the Google sheet).
    I will try to find out if I can get my hands on a matching CSV file. Not sure if I can, but will let you know as soon as I can.
    If I am incorrect in what you're trying to do, let me know.

EDIT for those who have already viewed this post.
    Attached is a screen shot of the CSV file with my own changes (in red) that show what I did to duplicate the Google spread sheet used in the template. Feel free to use this if it fits your design.
    Dj

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  3. Catheyc

Catheyc Member

Yes, that's correct. If I'm looking for a template for website, and I'm purchasing it because of the way it looks- then I should have the available files that make it look 'just like that'. Right?

I'm out of my league here, I know. Most others who purchase from you are builders of websites and don't necessarily need all the files like I do. I'm familiar with Muse, but only in so far as 'modifying' the existing spaces with my information. I can update the spreadsheet with the changes you've posted above. I just didn't expect that I wouldn't have ALL the files I needed to recreate the Template the way it was advertised.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Catheyc, you are correct, you should always be able to have the basic structure be as you see it prior to purchase. It seems that this was a glitch that wasn't noticed or if it was, wasn't brought up (at least not to me).
    It seems what happened (and has been corrected) was the Google Spreadsheet file that was used in the Template was accidentally locked for public use.
    This has been rectified and you can now use the Template code (inserted into the stock Google sheet) and pull up the settings needed to change the CSV local file. The Local files are typically not included with the Templates, (only in the widget zip file).
    So, to recap for anyone who is following this thread and is like me (I also needed to learn this too), here's what to do.
    Copy the Google Spreadsheet Presets Key in the gallery we are discussing (1p-lWAW2P-0p0CczuHNPm1aht7fjqCHx0Kzdyi6i-FpY).
    Open the link in the widget and bring up the stock Google Spreadsheet for the Presets.
    Replace the key on the stock spreadsheet with the one from the template. Hit enter, and you should now see the settings for the spreadsheet from the template.
    You can go right down the line and change the settings in the Local CSV file to match the Google Spreadsheet file, and use the Local file if you feel it fits your needs better.
    I apologize for the issues, and if there are any other items I can help with, please let me know.
    Dj

5. Catheyc

Catheyc Member

Thank you so much!

Cathey