FOCUS - Portfolio Page Question

Discussion in 'Templates' started by s1mmonds, Feb 3, 2017.

1. s1mmonds

s1mmonds New Member

Hi there,

new to the forum - I have been playing today with the connect gallery widget and the Focus template. The 'connect' gallery you have used on the Focus Portfolio page appears to have a fill-screen function similar to your 'Superhero' widget. How did you achieve this effect? I have tweaked every part of the spreadsheet and read every comment under gallery connect widget page and cannot for the life of me figure this out.

I tried copying and pasting the csv. file name from the widget panel into google sheets, but I get a locked out message. Could you not have included the csv files in the download?

I reached out to support, but have spent a good three hours trying to figure out how to achieve that effect as it looks incredible and would love to know what setting I have missed...

Best wishes,
    Ian

Jonathan De Bem likes this.
  2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Ian!
    I am not sure did I understand your question right but Muse-Themes is using images (width: 2500 px, height: 1669 px) and it has set Gallery widget to "Stretch browser width" (look at the screenshot).

Portfolio.png

3. s1mmonds

s1mmonds New Member

Hi there,

Yes, everything is set up correctly:

Example 1 - direct publish from your Focus sample - when you first enter the page, you can resize the window as you wish and everything in the connect gallery fills the browser window much like the Superhero widget, and maintains it's position.

http://ytyt02.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Example 2 - exactly identical page layout, just copied and pasted with same breakpoints, setting etc - a very different end result.
    I think there must be something in your csv. file, but as that is not included and is locked I cannot figure it out.

http://ongfx.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Would love to know what I am missing here - the content file for both is exactly the same. I changed height settings in the preset file, only effects sample 2. When I reset the preset file to the original one contained within the template, I still have two different end results?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Jonathan De Bem likes this.
  4. Jonathan De Bem

Jonathan De Bem New Member

Hello,

Im facing the same problem and have the same question as @s1mmonds concerning the portfolio page with connect gallery being full height kinda like superhero image. It would be really helpful if would be possible for muse themes to release the preset spreadsheet used for that template.

Thanks

5. s1mmonds

s1mmonds New Member

Hi Jonathan,

the support team did get back to me. The answer is in the 'page properties' pane on the site map screen.

If you right click on the page, and select page properties. Under the metadata tab there is a custom <style> css entry. I have attached a photo.

Best wishes and good luck with your design,
    Ian

Attached Files: