FluidInk Full Width Video Issues

Discussion in 'Templates' started by NotoriousVIC, Aug 2, 2016.

1. NotoriousVIC

NotoriousVIC Member

I've exported the fluid ink file and uploaded it to the server and the background video is not working. Is there anything I need to do to get it to work? (it works when I preview in browser but not when i preview in muse).

I've done some digging and saw theres a newer iteration of the full length video widget. I tried using it and placed it in the video layer but cant get the same effect (always in the background when scrolling). If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Are you using Full Width Video 1.1 widget or its´ old version?

3. NotoriousVIC

NotoriousVIC Member

Its whatever came with the template, it seems older than the widget available on the site.

I've tried using the updated version, but I don't know how to format the widget such that it appears as the flunk template does (As aconstant background). The updated version also would not loop on preview despite being checked off (minor issue)

4. Jeremei

I replaced the new version of the widget (1.1) and it is working.
    You are right that there are a little bit differences in behaviour but not very much.
    Looping feature is also working in my computer.

5. NotoriousVIC

NotoriousVIC Member

how would you replace it to have the same behavior? Thanks for all your help!

6. Jeremei

1. Delete from the Home Page old video widget.
    2. Drag the new Full Browser Width (Full Width Video) widget onto the canvas
    3. Set widget to browser width (Resize option) 1160 px and height 902 px, set also y-axel = 0
    4. Download from FluidInk assets file sample.mp4 and sample.webm video-files to widget.
    5. After that preview site in browser view

Jeannou likes this.
  7. Jeannou

Jeannou New Member

Edit: I restarted my computer, it works like a charm!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi!
    I am new to the forum, please forgive me if I am not posting at the right spot.
    I am using the fluidink template for my website, and I replaced the new version of the widget (1.1).
    It is working when I preview it in browser (Chrome), but not anymore when site is uploaded on server.
    It does work online with Mozilla and Microsoft Edge.
    Any idea to make it work online using Chrome browser?
    Thank in advance!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016