Solved Fluid Ink Template - Questions on Issues

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Richard Stellar, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Stellar

Richard Stellar Member

I'm interested in using the Fluid Ink template for a client. I've read some of the issues. Have they been fixed? Also, the hexagon shape on the home page - can that be replaced with another shape? Sorry for the basic question, and thanks for the answer. Please let me know anything that I should replace when purchasing this awesome looking template.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Richard, thanks for posting, but could you give us a bit more information on the issues you are hearing the template may have?
    We certainly want to make sure it's fully functioning.
    To your other question, yes, everything should be easily changed to your own design.

Thanks
    Dj

3. Richard Stellar

Richard Stellar Member

Thanks Dj - I read that there were some issues with the full screen video playing, and that they would be addressed in a template update. It's a really cool looking template, and it's perfect for a company that I'm doing design work for. Has the template been updated?

4. DjHerold

Richard, I apologize I don't have a better answer, but I'm not experiencing any issues with the template.
    As with all the templates, somethings like the Video needs to be replaced with your own (some assets, not all are included , usually because of re distribution issues).
    The template has the latest version (that, was updated) of the video widget. We also have other video widgets that could be swapped if you are a member.
    I think one of the original issues about video came up because of the changes in Browser developers rules around Auto Play on videos.
    There are restrictions that have nothing to do with our widgets that the browsers can impose.
    I hope this helps a bit
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Richard Stellar

Richard Stellar Member

Thanks Dj! Okay, I'm diving into it. Wish me luck! Pity that Adobe no longer supports Muse. It's a great program and you provide excellent after market content for it.

6. Richard Stellar

Richard Stellar Member

Hi Dj - I'm working with program. I uploaded a Shutterstock preview .mp4 video and converted it to .webm as well. It's not playing in the preview mode. In the video widget, there's an Upload arrow icon next to each file name. What am I doing wrong?

I've connected all the assets.

This is my first time using a Muse template. Sorry for the basic question.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  7. DjHerold

Richard, a couple of things to help me see where you are.
    First, when you say thee are a couple of arrows in the Video widget, are you actually looking at the asset panel?
    That would be normal. If not, could you give me a screen shot of what you're seeing.
    What I think you may be having an issue with is if you are trying to use the Muse 'Preview'.
    This by Adobes own admission is probably not the best way to view your work.
    You should be going to File>preview Page (or Site) in Browser.
    Let me know
    Dj

8. Richard Stellar

Richard Stellar Member

HI Dj - Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah, I uploaded it and viewed it in the browser, and everything is cool. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.